Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Garden Tuesday, the one where it is January!


 I know that spring is coming, there are leaf buds on the blueberry bushes.

The brightest spot in the backyard.

Dusty Miller, keeps well through the winter, also one of my favorites. I am a sucker for garden statues sitting in among the plants.

Rosemary is another, you can see another rosemary plant to the left, ready to pot up.

Granddaughter chipped up the ice from the bird bath, and when tossed to the ground........

.........it looks like broken glass in the leaves. I love the abstract combination here!

It has been cold, very cold! We have an order in for more wood.There may be leaf buds on the berries, but it is still winter..........

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. We appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

this post is shared with:
garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes


4 comments:

Pam said...

We are seeing some yellow on forsythia! It is much too early for this!

Holly said...

I'm in Phoenix and everything here is covered in frost. We have been covering our plants at night since it's been getting down into the 20's but I'm afraid the cold has gotten to just about everything. Everything is either wilted or dead. Can't wait for it to warm up. Love seeing your garden!

Paula Johnstonbaugh said...

We had a warm weekend here in Ohio and I took a walk around the flower gardens in the back yard. I already have daffodils the are up about 2 inches. This is crazy for January. All the trees and bushes have buds on them. I think it will be another year without blueberries because something keeps eating the branches.

Kat said...

My daffodils are up too, about the same as Paula's. Loved looking at all your photos.