Saturday, January 19, 2013

Apple Beet Salad

The wonderful thing about beets is the glorious color, the problem with beets IS all that color. Everything, repeat everything will be beet color. But please, don't let that stop you from eating and enjoying beets. This apple beet salad is a fine example of the glorious color and the problem with all that color. But the taste is wonderful!
 

Apple Beet Salad
adapted from: a magazine article - source not remembered, but thanked.
serves 4-6

1 large beet, roasted and peeled and diced OR 1 16 oz can of diced beets, well drained 
1 large apples, washed (do not peel) and diced
2 green onions sliced thin OR 1 thin slice of onion -  minced
1/4 c diced dill pickle








1/4 c mayonnaise
1 T vinegar ( I use rice wine vinegar)
1 t honey
1/4 t salt
fresh ground pepper



Gorgonzola crumbles

Prepare all salad ingredients, set aside.

Prepare dressing, stir in the beets, apples, pickle and onion.

Serve garnished with the Gorgonzola cheese.





Enjoy! This really is a delicious salad. Plus you can make it year round.

Recipe rating:  Oh Yes! (will make again)

As always, thanks for taking a minute to stop and say hello. We appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

this post is shared with:
pink saturday @ how sweet the sound
food on friday @ carole's chatter

3 comments:

Holly said...

Beets freak me out. I've only tried them once when I was around 5 years old. Didn't like them then. My grandma used to call them purple pickles.

Pam said...

I love beets! I know I would love this!

Sage Trifle said...

Sounds delicious. I was not expecting, not would I have thought of adding the dill pickle, but sure why not.