Monday, November 26, 2012

Clams in Chorizo Broth


Clams in Chorizo Broth
adapted from: The Phoney Gourmets
Serves 4-6

1/4 pound bulk Chorizo ( or 2 small links, remove sausage from casing)
1 T olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c rich beef stock
salt to taste

2-2 1/2 pounds clams, scrubbed well

Saute Chorizo and garlic in the olive oil. Drain excess fat. Add beef stock, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 12-20 minutes to cook sausage completely. Taste for salt, bring back to a boil, add clams and boil for 5 minutes or until clams open.

Serve in small bowls with crusty bread for dipping!

Enjoy!

Recipe rating:  Hmmmm. (thought this would be better)

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments.

this post is shared with:

Hearth and Soul @ Premeditated Leftovers

Weekend Cooking @ Beth Fish Reads


3 comments:

Laurie said...

this is very fancy smancy, beautiful dish, I'm so glad I found you again! Hope you are well,

Debbie said...

Love the flavor combinations here. I am giving away two great prizes on my blog: a $50 gift certificate to my favorite jeweler robinsonlane.com and a copy of a new book published by fellow blogger, Kat Robinson. It is called Arkansas Pie: A Slice of the Natural State. I just know you will love either one. http://diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com/2012/11/2012-merry-merry-munchies-3-baked.html Come link up to enter.

Alea Milham said...

What a tasty appetizer! It sure beatt the chips and salsa I usually put out! :)