Thursday, August 16, 2012

Graham Cracker Muffins, Recipe rewind, because some things are too good to miss!

Recipe rewind, because in the beginning there is a blogger who has no readers. She still posts great food in hopes that the readers will come..........you can also view it here in the archives, Sunday November 14, 210.


When I first joined Cookbook Sundays, my own mindset was unaware of how simple the whole process could be! I though my post would have to be big and beautiful and beyond what we eat on a regular basis. But soon I realized my own thinking process was flawed, and that all I need do is grab a book, cook, post.
Easy, just like 1, 2, 3.

I love this old food mill, being used to hold small fruits and vegetables

This Sunday I have granddaughter here for a sleepover, and immediately muffins came to mind. A quick check and the perfect recipe was right there, Graham Cracker Muffins. Everyone here loves graham crackers, especially Olivia.

Graham Cracker Muffins
adapted from:  Mostly Muffins
Barbara Albright & Leslie Weiner
400 degree oven

1 c flour
1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c wheat germ
1/4 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c sugar
1 1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

1 c buttermilk

1 egg
1/3 c oil
1/3 c molasses

1/2 c raisins - optional (I did not use)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin, set aside.

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisk to combine.


 
Combine egg, oil and molasses in small bowl, whisk to combine and beat egg.


Add wet group and milk to dry group. Mix well. Batter is thin. Divide batter between tins equally.


Bake 15 - 20 minutes, or until tests done in your oven. Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes, loosen muffins from sides of tin and turn on to their sides to release steam. Makes 12.


Serve with:

Brown sugar Cinnamon Butter
4 T soft butter
1 T brown sugar
1/8 t cinnamon
Set this up to soften while the muffins bake.

Combine well, making sure no streaks of butter are present, serve with muffins.



Grandma tested, granddaughter approved!

As always thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

this post shared with:
full plate thursday@miz helen's

2 comments:

Laraine Eddington said...

I cannot wait to make these. I have my grandkids staying with me and I think they'll love them. Thanks

Miz Helen said...

Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen