Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday's words.....

We have worms. These worms came all the way from Pennsylvania, through the US Mail service, priority shipping. Still they were on the road for several days. The bag was in a brown shipping box. Very simple packaging.

No food, or water, so they were hungry and thirsty, guaranteed.

And now without further ado, meet the worms.....

Honest they are in there, the instructions (also called an advisory) says so. Apparently the worms become very small with no food or water, so the first thing you do is, give them a drink of water. And so we did.

The gathered scraps in the box had become quite sorry looking, but I thought that in all probability, in the wild, those worms eat some sorry looking food anyway, so it would probably be OK.
They are hungry, so even sorry looking food would taste good, I told myself. Like the difference between hunger and appetite.

All of this information is to assure me that the "dirt" I received in the mail, does in fact contain worms. That shipping worms is a process still being learned, this order was packed by properly trained individuals and  that in two days, they will be plump and visible. Jim's Worm Farm says they guarantee it........

It can only get more exciting from here, don't you think? So stay tuned, Wednesdays will probably never be the same again!

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!




4 comments:

Laraine Eddington said...

You get the best packages!

laurie said...

well, thats quite a package, very interesting, I cared for my neighbors worms like that when they went away, amazing the amount of stuff they eat, happy worm keeping to you!

Kat said...

Can't wait to see the results!!!

Sage Trifle said...

I have never known anyone to be happy about receiving a package of worms in the mail. Just another unique thing I love about you!

By the way, what are you going to do with the worms?