Monday, July 30, 2012

Our Sunday Cafe, July 2012

These dinners have become simpler as the weather has warmed up. I have made a grilled flank steak two months running, it is a favorite cut of meat and great for a dining group.

These zucchini started the whole thing! Our market is full of them right now, fresh and crisp. I made 2 trays of seasoned grilled vegetables including zucchini, red onion and large mushroom.




Vegetables fresh and grilled were a large part of our dinner.






Fresh vegetables with Greek yogurt ranch. 




Fruit and a cheese plate were also enjoyed.



Marinated and grilled. Simple fare for a delicious dinner.
These beans are very good! Simple and this dish uses a "convenience" food, old fashioned canned Pork and Beans. You can find the recipe here., at Tasting Spoons.

Where was a second meat entree, grilled marinated chicken thighs, however I did not get a photo.......

We also had cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

I have to be honest about this cobbler, I had posted (and now deleted) this prior to tasting, my adaptation simply was not up to sharing.

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!


4 comments:

laurie said...

yum, you had a great dinner!

Laraine Eddington said...

Perfect summer fare!

Sage Trifle said...

Everything looks beautiful and sounds delicious--as usual.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

oh what a wonderful dinner. Wish I had been there:)