Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Garden Tuesday, the one where I am telling the plants what they are

I received this garden marker from my son and granddaughter, a thoughtful and sweet gift. They had gone to a neighboring town to visit a park, and afterwards stopped at the festival, which included little stands with homemade items for sale.

My son said " when I saw the garden markers, I knew if they had one that said "rhubarb" I needed to buy it for you, because no one has worked so hard to have rhubarb".

So be warned rhubarb, I have marked where you are, and I will be back to harvest..........


My surprise came, when pulling back some of the brown paper mulch to see if I need to water, look what I found.....



It looks like the rhubarb is growing since being moved from house one to house two!

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

this post shared with:
garden tuesday@sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party@an oregon cottage

7 comments:

Pegasuslegend said...

too funny!

Yael Ben-Ari said...

What a sweet story. Very cute worker. I hope that you have many years enjoying your rhubarb.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Carisa said...

I've been wanting garden markers. Yours are adorable.

Mrs. Petrie @ casapetrie.com

Susan Zentmyer said...

The secret is labeling? Who knew?!

They are looking certainly good!

laurie said...

I cannot believe what you have done to have that rhubarb, a sign is perfect, looks great!!!

Pam said...

How funny! I'm so glad to see the rhubarb is cooperating.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Love this! I need some garden markers too!