Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chunky Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Triangles or Bars!

We are having rain today. Who knew that in July, we would be having rain? For the past 2 days I have worked outside, getting the backyard in shape, for some outdoor enjoyment. We once again have a patio to enjoy, and a compost structure for the upcoming garden plot. There is lots to do, when you move to a different home.....But today we are having rain, and there is a bit of a chill to the air, that only means one thing.....time to bake some cookies!

I am participating in this month's Taste and Create, and I have been matched with, NO REASON NEEDED. She is a busy lady! You might try viewing her skydiving photos, however I could not get the photos/blog post to show after the banner stopped.

One of the recipes that caught my eye, were these Chunky Peanut Butter Triangles. However I have taken the liberty to include all the major ingredients in the title, because peanut butter and chocolate are such a happy pair!


Chunky Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chop Triangles
adapted from:  NO REASON NEEDED
350 degree oven

note:  this was found in a Splenda cookbook, feel free to substitute Splenda for the listed sugar below.

1 1/2 c flour
1/2 t baking soda
3/4 c peanut butter
1/2 c butter
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 large package chocolate chips OR 2 1/2 c chocolate chips


Combine flour and soda, set aside.


Cream peanut butter and butter together, add sugars, mix well.

Add egg and vanilla, mix until creamy.

Stir in the flour mixture until smooth and well mixed, stir in chocolate chips.






Dough is crumbly, but presses nicely into the pan.
 
Press into a prepared 9X13 pan.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until done in your oven.

Let cool, cut into squares (3 across and 7 along the side) and then into triangles, to make 42 pieces.

However I don't see me cutting these thick chewy bars in that pattern! Probably 4 across and 6 down the side for 24 bars. However you can decide, it is your own kitchen!

Recipe rating:  Oh Yes! (will make again)

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!


this post is shared with:
hearth and soul@premeditated leftovers
full plate thursday@miz helen's





8 comments:

laurie said...

oh my yum!

Daniel Saraga said...

Great looking bars. Never through about cutting them into triangles before - neat idea.

Kat said...

I have a recipe I have been using for years, that we call "chocolate bars" that have been a big hit in our family. I took the original cookie "cake" recipe and made it my own with peanut butter. it is delicious.
About the figs: I either make strawberry fig jam (for others, we don't use it) and also dry them. I just like them fresh. Once picked, they don't last long that way.

kitchen flavours said...

Lovely, love the name of the bars! Nothing can go wrong when peanut butter and choc chip comes together! Have a lovely weekend!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

oohh my word those look amazing. sinful in fact. love that you used splenda in them

Miz Helen said...

Hi Melynda,
I love this combination Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip, awesome. This would be a delicious bar. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

The 21st Century Housewife© said...

What can I say, I love chocolate peanut butter anything! Your bars look so good, and I like the idea of cutting them into triangles as well!

Alea Milham said...

this sounds delicious! I love the idea of cutting these into triangles - shapes are always populare with the kids.