Thursday, June 21, 2012

Quinoa Tabbouleh, Recipe rewind because some things are too good to miss!

Recipe rewind, because in the beginning there is a blogger who has no readers. She still posts great food in hopes that the readers will come..........you can also view it here in the archives, Saturday August 7, 2010.


There is a small chain of family run cafes that serve delicious Mediterranean food, The Jerusalem Cafe.  I have enjoyed eating there for many years. I have always loved the Tabbouleh, it is so good. The thing I really enjoy  about the food is that it is real home cooking.

When I first starting eating there about 15 years ago, Mom and Dad cooked, in the first little spot in downtown Vancouver. Now the different cafes are run by family members, and even with Mom and Dad retired it is the same food and just like home.

The tabbouleh is big on vegetables with lots of parsley and lemon. Also it is made with whole wheat couscous, instead of Bulgar. But today I will (try to) translate my love of their tabbouleh into this recipe for Quinoa Tabbouleh.


Quinoa Tabbouleh
by the seat of my pants!

2-3 c cooked Quinoa
1 bunch green onions, cleaned and sliced through 2 inches of the green section


1 bunch parsley, washed, shook dry and chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon*
1 tomato - diced small
1 English cucumber - diced small

1- 2 T minced fresh mint  - optional
olive oil to moisten, up to 1/4 c
1/2 t salt
Combine gently, chill until serving time. Enjoy.

* if you enjoy the tang of lemon, use the whole lemon.
Serves 4-6

As always,
thanks so much for stopping by!

this post shared with:
full plate thursday@ miz helens

3 comments:

carolinaheartstrings said...

I have these ingredients just waiting to make this wonderful dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Come and visit us today to see what wonderful picnic salad we have and be sure to come back on Friday. We are giving away flip flops. You will want a pair of these.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Melynda,
I would be such a piggy with this Tabbouleh, I would want the whole bowl to myself. I just love it! Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Candace said...

I'm pretty sure that I could eat the whole bowl of this tabbouleh. This looks delicious and refreshing!