Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Garden Tuesday, the one where I left the tag on!

With Father's Day,m out of town guests and other chores, not much work got done in the yard this week. Well that is not entirely true, I have been stacking wood for winter, but that is not "gardening" so I could only tell you about that by sneaking it in here!

But we did get the tree planted. You know the one, the free tree. We had set it where I thought it would work nicely to offer a bit of a privacy screen at the curb, yet offer easy access to the back yard for delivery of wood, compost and/or anything else needing delivered.

It looked like this.....

Now it looks like this, not quite done, but in the ground. When we got down about 2/3 of the way we ran into nothing but rock, so the plan shifted to garden up, with a mini raised bed around the tree. This weekend finds me at the garden center getting decorative brick borders to make a taller, slightly larger bed.

Oh and see that tied on piece of cloth? That must be the "tag" from the person that no longer wanted this tree. Marking it for removal. I think it is time for me to take the tag off.......

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

this post shared with:
garden tuesday@sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party@an oregon cottage


8 comments:

Mrs. Petrie said...

I love a free plant! I hope your tree grows well.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers said...

I love free. May it grow into the privacy screen you want.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

free plant = awesome plant :) happy growing!

Pam said...

Thanks for linking up. I love free.

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Lovely to have a chance to plant a tree--it should give you many years of pleasure.

Beth said...

Trees are wonderful - so rewarding for so many years. Enjoy!

Handy Andy said...

Do you have any idea what this shrub is? Looks like a "dandy" to me, but I'm quite certain that is not its botanical name.

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Free is the best kind. :-) Hope you keep us updated on it's growth!