Friday, May 18, 2012

Sharing the view.....

A Friday view.....
This is the last of the rubble to clean up. Some of this actually belongs in the garage, and just needs to be put away. Some is newly appointed camping gear from the kitchen, and the rest is pictures that need to be sorted, wiped down and put up on the walls. Then I can park my car in the garage.....

Also in the garage is this set of cupboards...

they hold my small kitchen appliances and canning gear.



The hole on the shelf is where my crockpot sits. Dinner is cooking now for tonight. I am also fairly organized in the kitchen and back to cooking.....

This is my kitchen pantry.....








The dining room holds my favorite hutch...

it looks like I still need to stock the wine racks.....

this is in the dining room, it mirrors my enjoyment of company come to call.

The garden window above the sink gets hot, too hot for plants. Especially when I am gone all day, however it makes a great storage area for my pots and pans.

And above the cupboards I have my collection of hammered copper pieces and a couple of bean pots to end cap the whole thing...













Tomorrow I am helping my daughter with a batch or two of homemade strawberry jam, and then helping her get settled in the old house. While I am there I will water the berries and rhubarb. She will keep them alive for me, while I get the yard and garden area ready for transplanting in the fall. 

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your visits and your wonderful comments!


5 comments:

Laraine Eddington said...

I love the crockpot spot. I need that for the Arizona summer. I wouldn't even have to plug it in in my toasty garage.

Sage Trifle said...

Very organized--I love it! Your hutch looks exactly like my Mother's and one which will one day be mine. But I am most in love with your "garden window" you have re-purposed to hold your cookware. Genius.

laurie said...

your home looks wonderful, what a lot of work you have done,
I have had to start a new blog, I hope you will find me again, I called it When the bough broke,

Martha said...

Definitely looks neat and organized! Thanks for sharing a view :)

Pegasuslegend said...

How Funny !!! We have the same exact white wash color hutch its exactly like mine!!! :() have a great weekend!