Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Rhubarb irony for Garden Tuesday

Rhubarb at my house had become an urban legend, because everyone knew it existed but could not find a grown plant in my yard.

But the stuff of urban legends is lengthy in nature to be a good story, so bed after bed after bed was tried, until this one and guess what, yep RHUBARB!

Granted not a rhubarb factory or anything close to that, but for this rhubarb lover, I am excited!

Now the irony, is that I need to move the rhubarb to the new house............

As always thanks for stopping by to say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

this post is shared with:
garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party @ an oregon cottage


9 comments:

laurie said...

Excellent , don't for get to add the rusty nails!!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Yay for rhubarb! And I like the way you've used concrete blocks to create a raised bed--neat idea.

Pam said...

I'll just have to call you the queen of rhubarb!

Sage Trifle said...

Good luck, Melynda. I hope you can wait a little bit before moving it, so you can finally enjoy some of your own home grown rhubarb.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

oh i wish i had rhubarb in my garden! Awesome

Beth said...

Glad you found it and hope relocations goes well.

kitchen flavours said...

Yay! Rhubarb! Hope it stays healthy and love it's new home soon!

Barb @ A Life in Balance said...

Nice! I planted 2 this year for my 1st permanent bed. I like how you use the concrete blocks. I have some as a border between my grapevines and the kids dirt pile. My plan is to fill the open holes with dirt and put a ground cover in them.

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Oh, dear!! Let's hope they transfer well for you. :-)