Saturday, April 14, 2012

It is time to get serious!

Today the carpet cleaner is coming to work some magic. While I wait around for that to happen I will clean and stock and decide and dream. Then we are in full gear to get the rest of the utilities (ok let's be honest, the internet!) ordered and then, get moved.

But here is a little update of some thoughts and things discovered.....

Not an antique, but I adore this match holder on the brickwork around the wood stove. I know I will miss the convenience of  the pellet stove we use now, but the wood stove is so quiet........I love that when relaxing.

Besides we could open the door and roast marshmallows if we wanted too, at least that is what granddaughter says.


This little glass shelf is right inside the front door. Except for a small greeting of welcome, I plan to keep it sparse in decor.

I should check back on that statement in a couple of months, I know me, I'm just sayin!


This lovely brass fan was toast. It has been replaced with a fan including a light kit at the bottom. One of the things we noticed about the new house, a serious lack of ceiling lighting.

Some times you do need an overhead light.......

This little added on, covered area will be moved to the back of the house. It will be perfect to quickly store outdoor chairs when it starts raining. I believe it was used to house garbage/recycling cans.

Oh and that is not our shop to the left, but my husband sure wishes it was!

Although this tree does not exist in this exact form, since having the broken branch removed, I love this photo so much I made it the "desktop" on my computer.

I love trees, especially trees that look like they have a story or two to tell.

And now, it is time to get busy and wish everyone a great day!

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments.

3 comments:

laurie said...

sounds like you are still a busy woman! I share your love of trees, I think thats why I paint them, and paint them and paint them,,,,,have a wonderful weekend, that shelf is in a dangerous spot to remain empty! At least in our house, we have a pie pantry at the door and its called the dumping ground, everything gets set there.

Sage Trifle said...

I hope it all falls into place for you just as you dream it. What an adventure!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

oh i am so happy for you! Keep up the good work! you are going to be so pleased with the results