Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Garden Tuesday, the one that is NOT about rhubarb.....

This weekend while moving in some household items, our new neighbors shared a bit about this tree in the backyard. We have a cherry tree, a large cherry tree.....







I should of realized from the bark pattern, but then it has been a while since I lived in the Yakima Valley. About 25 years, but some things are remembered for a long time, like bark patterns and how row crops look when you drive down the highway.



And this will planter set will greet me each time I work in the kitchen at the sink, that just happens to look out through the window to the backyard. I love copper and there is some in the new kitchen.

We move this weekend, and I am looking forward to showing off the new digs!

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

This post will be shared with:

garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party @ an oregon cottage

10 comments:

laurie said...

thats a beautiful tree, what a bonus to your new home! Lovely planter as well, take care and I can't wait to see the photos!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

What a great tree! I hope you have lots & lots of cherries :)

Corinnea said...

That is a fantastic tree! Good luck with your move!

Frugal in WV said...

Great tree! I miss all the cherry trees in WA, especially on UW's campus during the spring. They are beautiful!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

I just read your bio--I'm in a nearby little town a few miles east of you! And we used to live in Harrah, WA! How funny. But your tree is gorgeous--I hope it produces lots of wonderful fruit!

kitchen flavours said...

Lovely tree and beautiful planter! A welcoming site defintely! Happy moving, Melynda, and look forward to your photos of your new home! Wish you and your hubby good health, happiness and wonderful things in your new home!

Pam said...

How lucky you are to have such a beautiful tree. I love that exploration that takes place when you move to a new house, and watch plants pop up, memories of past gardens.

Wendy (The Local Cook) said...

good luck with the move!

Susan Zentmyer said...

Beautiful tree! I'd love to have cherries in my garden!

Beth said...

Sizeable trees help to make a house a home - enjoy!