Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Garden Tuesday

Many of you..........well OK a couple of you, or just the two of you that read this blog, know of my pathetic rhubarb harvests, year after year. And maybe a few of you gave up reading anything written on this blog when I transplanted the rhubarb time and time again trying to find a good place, where it would actually grow.

But maybe just maybe, some of that paid off, because..... the rhubarb is crowning! Yep on February 7th, I have rhubarb growing. Now I sure hope we don't have another freeze...........





I am excited! As always thanks for taking a moment to stop by. I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

this post is shared with:
garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes

5 comments:

a good yarn said...

Keep your fingers crossed! I've tried growing it several times and all I get are giant leaves and teeny weeny stalks. ann :-)

Pam said...

Rooting for your rhubarb!!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

oh i can't wait to start up my garden again. it got ruined by the winter even though it wasn't that cold here. I am so looking forward to spring

Handy Andy said...

Yours is ahead of mine. Put a pretty cage around the area to protect those tender shoots. See "Win,Win, Win" in thingsigettodotody@blogspot.com.

laurie said...

did you plant some rusty nail with it? They love rust and the best we ever grew on the manure pile on our farm, it was amazing!