Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Garden Tuesday

The one thing I can "grow" real well in this yard is fir trees, actually I am totally lying, they grow regardless of my ability or lack there of to grow anything! They have been here much longer than I , and the adults are bigger than me. However not this little guy.....

The little ones like this always show up after a windstorm. The tan needles make a great backdrop for the  little green shoots! As cute as they are, they are everywhere and must be "weeded" out, otherwise I would have no yard after a couple of seasons.

This is the walkway to the front door after a windstorm, lots and lots of needles are everywhere!

And if you get busy and don't weed, the little green shoot, looks like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree in about 6 months. This year I will "decorate" this one for the birds. But for now, as soon as the rain stops, I need to rake up these needles and weed out the little trees.

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop by.
I appreciate you time and your wonderful comments.

This post will be shared with:
garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party @ an oregon cottage





6 comments:

Holly said...

I miss fir trees. We don't have those here in the desert. Have a happy Tuesday!

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat said...

Those cute little trees don't grow here. But we have the southern pines that crop up like that everywhere.

Abby said...

what a great idea to decorate it for the birds!

Pam said...

I love your idea to decorate for the birds!

Elsa said...

We have those as well and I always want to decorate them with light every year.