Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Garden Tuesday, one sure thing.....

There were not many successes this gardening season. As I read different gardening posts, I realized it was not only me, but troubles small and large seemed to be almost everywhere. The rhubarb got most of the attention this year, I must say however, I was glad the rule of "3" worked. Because there is no way I could have come up with a fourth garden bed for those guys!

But in the little kitchen garden right outside my kitchen, there is one sure thing, the chives. They always come up, grow and then go to seed.Like a good friend they do their thing and I do mine, and we get along.

Thank you garden chives for being my "one sure thing" this year!

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop by.
I appreciate your visit and your wonderful comments!

this post is shared with:
garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party @ an oregon cottage

6 comments:

Laraine Eddington said...

My chives are my bestest friends too...always green, always flavorful, and except for a brief cold weather dormancy, always there.

laurie said...

its good to have something you can rely on,, I even grow them here,they never let me down,,

Melinda said...

Would you believe that my two chive plants have survived being mowed down, dug up, covered by weeds and sat on by chickens?! It's my one sure thing as well!

Sage Trifle said...

My chives are flowering now too. And aren't the blooms so lovely and dainty?

peachkins said...

I tried growing an heb garden but I don't think herbs like me very much... it's good that you have chives..

Pam said...

How funny, we both did chives!