Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Garden Tuesday, natural dried blueberries


How to grow natural dried blueberries, in 15 easy steps:

step one, plant blueberry bushes

step two, wait for spring and new growth

step three, water, mulch, hope

step four, observe small flower buds opening

step five, see little berries form when flowers fall away

step six, water, weed, hope

step seven, see berries grow, begin to turn purple-ish blue

step eight, water, weed, mulch, hope

step nine, pick the first ripe berry

step ten, check berries daily, pick only ripe berries

step eleven, water, ignore weeds, intend on making more paper mulch

step twelve, get busy at work

step thirteen, have a severe change in the weather

step fourteen, forget to water

step fifteen, harvest naturally dried blueberries

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop by!
I appreciate your visits and your wonderful comments

this post is shared with:
garden tuesday ! sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party @ an oregon cottage

11 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Oh Melynda, you are so funny!
Really sorry to see your blueberries all dried up. On my garden front, my mint has dried up! :)

Laraine Eddington said...

Even I could follow those gardening tips. You made me laugh.

Swathi said...

Nice way to grow dried blueberries, here in Texas you don't need to do any steps after planting them. you will get dried blueberries due to drought.

Blueberry Plants said...

Ha! That's so funny. I found few raisins on organic red grapes vine and tasted them and oh my, they're so sweet.

learning table said...

Very funny! I can totally relate.

Donnie said...

Sorry about your blueberries but that has been how it was in a lot of gardens this year.

Miriam said...

Cute post :)!!
Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Hey I got the same effect but on my strawberries after planting them. No need to do any steps, just plant and let nature do the rest! LOL! Sorry about your berries. Maybe we can do better next year?

Frugal in WV said...

Too funny! My mom had blueberries when we lived in seattle and I think she made 'natural dried bluberries' more than once :) Funny post!

Pam said...

I just picked some naturally dried peppers off my plants! Thanks for linking up!

Sunray Gardens said...

I had thought to try and find room for a blueberry bush, but heck the squirrels would just eat them anyway.