Sunday, September 4, 2011

Oranges for children


Welcome to Cookbook Sunday!

Hello, once again it is time for Cookbook Sunday, where you can share the great foods that you have been making for your family and friends. Remember, you may use a cookbook, a cooking magazine or even a cooking app, downloaded to your phone! Just name the source and share with us right here!

I could not resist this special recipe. This is from much more than a cookbook. Maybe this could of been titled " How I worked very hard and cooked up a great life, full of wonder."

I found this jewel of a book, I don't know where, but felt I must own it and the message contained within. After each chapter story, arranged through the years, there are recipes to match. This recipe touched my heart.


From Chapter Fourteen (2002)

Recipe:
Buy a bag of oranges. Give them to children that don't have oranges.



I will also be sharing Zucchini Bread, and you,

What are you sharing with Cookbook Sunday?





11 comments:

Donnie said...

That is a perfect recipe for this Sunday morning. Have a wonderful Labor Day.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Melynda, I've just linked up a muffin recipe to share.
The oranges are definitely a sweet recipe to share!
Have a lovely week, Melynda!

Pam said...

I love those kind of cookbooks, so much more than just recipes!

laurie said...

I also love those kindof cookbooks, and these do look like sunday morning muffins,

Brenda said...

Hi Melynda,

I've linked up 3 recipes. Hope you're having a fun weekend camping!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Melynda,
I am sharing my Austin Black Beans from a The Homesick Texas by Lisa Fain. Hope you are having a great holiday and thanks for hosting!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

What a lovely book, Melynda! And I like your zucchini bread too! Thank you for hosting :)

Tiffanee said...

So perfect just for today!! Happy Labor Day!!

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Melynda, I've brought another cake to share. Thank you for hosting!

Sage Trifle said...

I see some good looking food linked here. I pulled an older post forward, for Cream Cheese Banana Bread. It is a recipe shared by my Mother, and is really delicious.

MM said...

That's one of the best recipes I've seen. And easy to follow too!

This week I made a traditional Cajun breakfast dish from one of my favorite cookbooks (because of the anecdotes).