Friday, August 26, 2011

Sharing the view.....

A Friday view.....

This has been a busy summer full of changes! There have also been medical problems/surgeries in extended family.  The garden did not do well, but we will have Blueberry pie on Thanksgiving from home grown berries. Possible a rhubarb pie as well, and boy do I deserve that one! I spotted this on another blog and they had posted it because it has such a good message, I agree. I have already taken some of the message and put it into play, the rest I am working on.......

I need a trip to the beach. These are the last few days of summer and I have not had the opportunity to camp or just get away. I miss the beach the most. Labor Day Weekend gives me a 3 day break, head west woman, head west!

The current weather is not our usual. Too hot to cook much, which has worked out OK, because not much appetite either. Odd for me, but still it seems to go along with the weather! I have decided upon a couple of single layer cakes for Sunday dinner, as we shall be celebrating a birthday. My oldest turns 37, tell me where have the years gone?

On this day, when the work day has ended, let the weekend begin. So that on Sunday this table will be filled with family coming together to celebrate a birthday and simply be a family.

As always, thank you for taking a moment to stop by.
I appreciate your visits and your wonderful comments.


5 comments:

Holly said...

If you do finally get enough rhubard to make a pie, whatever you do, DO NOT BURN IT!! How tragic would that be? Hope you get to the beach!

laurie said...

what a great post, I agree with Holly,, don't burn it,, thats something I would do!!!

kitchen flavours said...

Melynda, hope you have a good break and find your way to the beach! Kids grow up before your very eyes! On my birthday back in July, my dad, who cannot remembers how old we all are (he has six daughters!), got a "shock" when he realized how old I am! LOL!! Wish you a lovely weekend, and share some beach photos! :)

Pam said...

Love this post, filled with all sorts of wisdom :)

Frugal in WV said...

I hope you get to go to the beach, I miss WA and OR beaches, we used to go at least once a year, sometimes more. Good luck with the pies, I love rhubarb pie! Great post :)