Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Garden Tuesday, the last to bloom

When this blooms, I know school is not far behind.





And I know summer is coming to a close. 

Then before you know it, it is time for Thanksgiving dinner and pie. If I have had a good year, there will be a pie made from something grown from the backyard. This year it will be blueberry pie. 

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop by.
I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

PS, this is a hydrangea, for those that inquired. 

this post is shared with:
garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party @ an oregon cottage
flora cottage thursdays @ fishtail cottage

16 comments:

Sunray Gardens said...

Looks lovely. Nice acid soil you apparently have to get those lovely blue blooms.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Pam said...

Thanks for linking up!

Holly said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! What are they?

Allison at Novice Life said...

Gosh, hard to believe Fall is right around the corner!

laurie said...

this is just beautiful,, I love any blue flowers in the garden, thanks giving thoughts aresoon to be for sure,, theres really a feeling of fall in the air here.

Laraine Eddington said...

Hold on there,slow down you're scaring me.

kitchen flavours said...

Lovely blooms! I love the blue!

Beth said...

A lovely way to celebrate the closing of summer!

Wearinbeads said...

that is a lovely cultivar

Corinnea said...

Gorgeous! I hope to plant Hydrangea's this year. There's this area, beside a shed, under an oak tree....

Frugal in WV said...

Great flowers, my mother used to have a yard full of plants and flowers and those were one of her favorites :) Now you have me thinking of pie!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Oh your flowers are beautiful and I am so sad that the summer is almost over. Although the heat is killer I love my summer time fun and the memories it brings! Can't wait for your blueberry pie

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, such beautiful blooms! What are they?

Reeni said...

Gorgeous! I am so looking forward to fall and pie!

Dragonfly Treasure said...

I adore hydrangeas. Yours are beautiful!
*hugs*deb

Fishtail Cottage said...

Thanks for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursdays - so great to see you again! love love love hydrangeas, but you are right it does mean school & "fall" is just around the corner! xoxo, tracie