Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What is going on here...Wednesdays

A lot goes on here, not just cooking Sunday dinner! These posts on Wednesdays are fun for me, they give me the opportunity to bore you share with  you, what we are doing. Sometimes it is a lot of fun like when granddaughter had a raffle with her friends, or possible I get to show off a spied  treasure for the kitchen.

But folks, hold on to your chairs, this is exciting!

Now you might be asking yourself, what all the excitement is over a simple key, or maybe you have already moved on! But the real excitement is over what it opens........

Yes, we got an upright freezer! 

Now I get to start the organization of this. 

I tried everything to keep this baby organized, bins for storage, things well marked, you know the standard ways that one keeps their chest freezer in order so that food does not get lost. Yet food does get lost in a chest freezer, not lost as in never to be seen again, lost as in, lost to ruin. 

You see as it turns out, one of us is a top loader. While another one of us is rotates food stock, so far guess which one has put away the frozen food?

Now I will turn the chest freezer into a long term storage unit for large purchases, to keep them fresher longer. Like large bags of brown rice, flour, large roasts or maybe now we can get a quarter of beef, from the organic butcher.......a girl can dream you know!

Stay tuned this evening for What we ARE NOT eating  Wednesdays, yep it is another double header at Mom's Sunday Cafe. 

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop by.
I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

key words:  upright freezer, chest freezer, organic beef, long term food storage


5 comments:

Sunray Gardens said...

Congratulations! That will make a huge difference for you in storage and finding things easier.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Holly said...

Love the uprights too! We had a chest freezer for a while and you just never know what's down there. It's kinda scary. Congrats on your new addition, she's lovely.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Yeah for you! I don't know what I would do without my two freezers. I have one with the refrigerator and then a second in the laundry room.I love to organize everything and buy in bulk for certain items. So happy for you!

laurie said...

oh you lucky woman,, I always wanted one of those!!Enjoy!!

prolix said...

Hey my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed.Freezers