Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our Sunday Cafe, July 2011


I do not serve a lot of pasta, but this Summer Corn Fettuccine caught my eye as something a bit different to try. Everyone enjoyed it, even though I picked up a package of linguini! From Brenda's Canadian Kitchen.

 
 Brown food is not pretty, not much can be done to change that, but this was tender and garlicy good.

Simple Slow Braised Pot Roast, for those that prefer the tried and true on their plate! Simple seasoning are best here, garlic, salt and pepper. When cooked this way you can also serve "french dip" style. The natural pan gravy is beyond delicious!


 I set all the components out, and let each person construct their own sandwich, delicious!

These sandwiches must be made and shared! I commute right through Portland Oregon and along the way there are food carts and specialty outlets. For Banh Mi sandwiches, there is always long lines waiting.  Pork Meatball Banh Mi from Brenda's Canadian Kitchen.




  This fish, while not the prettiest dish, was tender and delicious!

We were given a full side fillet of Steel-head. I plan on a simple poaching liquid of onions, celery and sliced lemons in white wine. Once poached it will be served with Creamy Dill Sauce (Magic Sauce) from  Recipes by Haggis and the Herring. I am not the biggest fan of fish, but with the Magic Sauce, it went beyond my expectations!

 Crisp vegetable tray.


 This was served with vanilla ice cream.


When transferring the contents of the chest freezer to the upright, I "found" 2 bags of rhubarb from my sister's yard. That made it real easy to make Rhubarb Crisp, from Tasting Spoons.




 This caught my eye some time back, it has all the delicious flavors that everyone loves. I did leave out the crushed walnuts, as we have some non-nut eaters in the family. Peanut Butter Banana Rum Raisin Bread from 3 sides of crazy!

 Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade, inspired by Brenda's Canadian Kitchen.

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop by.
I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

If you did not see my giveaway post, look here, celebrating 800 posts!

8 comments:

laurie said...

OK,, I'm starving now!! wow,, thats some really good looking food!

kitchen flavours said...

Your Sunday dinner is fabulous! Everything looks delicious! Glad that your family enjoyed it! Have a lovely week, Melynda!
Sorry for not commenting earlier. I tried many times, but the internet service over at my place has gone crazy again. Before I could post the comments, the service was off, has been like this for the last three days! Seems OK for now, I'll just hop over to your other posts before the service is off again!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Oh my word it all looks delicious. Where do I even start, maybe at the corn pasta salad that looks amazing or the rhubarb dessert? be still my heart! I want to be at your house on sundaY!

Brenda said...

I love seeing what you make every month for your Sunday Cafe. Wow, you were one busy lady! It all looks wonderful, I bet it was a lovely dinner.

Concetta said...

Thank you for sharing your feast with us - I can imagine your table being so joyous and full of life!
Have a wonderful week!
<><
Concetta

Candace said...

It all looks delicious to me! We were just discussing at dinner tonight that we have not had nearly enough rhubarb this summer.

Tootsie said...

I am here to say h and to follow you!I am so excited to have time to visit some of my favorite blogs...they are all so inspiring and I am NEVER disappointed! I am lucky to see are inspirations that I would never have found had I not found each of the my friends that I see online! I wish I had more time to visit everyone more often...Thank you so much for sharing with me/us!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

saffronstreaks said...

weekend dinner looks fabulous and loved the creamy dill sauce, I often use it with salmon...

sukanya