Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer salad of Crumbed Tomato Slices

This is really not a recipe, and I want to make that perfectly clear, because I don't want to offend anyone with what might appear to be misleading information! A few days ago, I needed a side dish to complete our meal. I prefer at those times to try and come up with a vegetable or at least having a vegetable as part of the ingredient list. And this is what I made.......

Crumbed Tomato Slices
serves 2-3

2 large tomatoes
2 T vinaigrette
1 T mayonnaise
1/3-1/2 c croutons

Remove stem and blossom ends of the tomatoes, slice into 4 slices each, arrange on serving plate.

Combine the vinaigrette and the mayonnaise, blending until smooth. Drizzle over tomato slices.

Crush the croutons.

Sprinkle over the tomato slices, add a sprig of herb for garnish, serve!

I enjoy "recipes" like this one, they are simple, adaptable, and use what you already have on hand. For a larger crowd, just double or triple the ingredients. Enjoy!

Recipe rating:  Oh Yes! (will make again)

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop by.
I appreciate your time and your wonderful comments!

PS, my next post will be number 800, hope to see you there.

this post is shared with:
foodie friday @ designs by gollum
feed me, tweet, follow me home friday @ a moderate life

key words:  tomato salad, simple salads, use what you have

5 comments:

Candace said...

I love this salad, Melynda. So simple but wonderful. All of the best things...part salad...part tomato sandwich...part tomato pie. Yum!

Frugal in WV said...

Simple salads are often the best, especially with tomatoes because it brings out their flavor. I might try this with the over abundance of garden tomatoes I have right now, thanks!

Holly said...

You're killing me here. We can't get good tomatoes in Arizona, they taste like paper. I miss those Indiana tomatoes you could eat like an apple.

MM said...

At first I read "crumbled tomato slices" and wondered how on earth did she manage to crumble tomatoes? Sigh. It's been a long week.

This is a great idea--love it!

laurie said...

I also love this,, its just so fresh and light,, lets the tomato shine!!