Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our Sunday Cafe, June 2011


Gosh what a busy weekend. Helping family move, taking excess to charity drop-off sites, and of course the obligatory run to the land fill. Can you tell already that the Sunday Cafe menu will not be homemade? But such is life and you just get to pretend you are really into football and punt!


I remembered thinking, you know I have a secret Grandmother for occasions just like this, Grandma Costco. She has some pretty good dishes ready to go, and in case anyone has forgotten, a nice selection of desserts - my favorite! Today we are letting Grandma do the cooking. But we will sit down as a family and get caught up and share in the meal that Grandma has sent our way.


Next Sunday is Cookbook Sunday and I hope to see you all there! And now, have the best weekend ever, hopefully filled with good weather, family, fun and good times!

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and share a visit here.
I appreciate your time and of course your wonderful comments!

7 comments:

Pegasuslegend said...

Have restful day have a great week!

Holly said...

Their lemon creme bundt cake?? To die for! Give grandma a hug from me and tell her I'll see her on Tuesday.

Brenda said...

What a coincidence, we have a Grandma Costco too! Melynda, I can't wait for CS. I've had my recipe planned for weeks, lol! Haven't made it yet, I'll do that this week. I hope it's as good as I think it will be. See you then!

Laraine Eddington said...

I'm so glad we're both related to Grandma Costco.

Sage Trifle said...

I hope everything went smoothly for you and your family.

We don't have any Granny Costco around here, but I understand her cooking is just fine. I do, however, have many tricks up my sleeve for busy times.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

such is life! you are right indeed. I had everything I needed to make certain desserts and sides this weekend but we ended up looking at houses all weekend long (we are trying to move) so out the window that went. That is why today on my blog is a refreshing drink instead of my salted caramel chocolate cake! LOL!

Mary ♥ Mur said...


oh.. so nice post.)
Love your blog.))

I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
1. Why did you create a blog?
2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
3. How long will it keep going?