Friday, June 17, 2011

A Friday view.....

Sharing the view.....

The kitchen has been unusually quiet this past week. Does your family have quiet food times, where cooking is not looked forward too? Thank goodness for a stocked pantry.

There is a nice start to having berries to make jam with. With so much rain and cooler weather, the harvest will still be months away.

Sunday will be a simple gathering to celebrate Father's Day. Some grilled meat, fresh salads and family.

As always thanks for taking a moment to stop by.
I appreciate your time and your comments.

This post is shared with:
lady bloggers society

key words:  Father's Day, grilling, berry patch, cooking

10 comments:

Kitchen Belleicious said...

great view! Our father's day will be just the same as yours. relaxing, grilling and just enjoying the man in my life!

laurie said...

same fathers day here,, quiet,, my Dad and my husbands are gone now,, makes the day a bit sad,, good time for reflection,, thos berries look soooo good, have a good friday,

Holly said...

The berries look great! It will be very quiet around here on Father's Day. Brian is taking his daughter fishing and I'm packing them a picnic so I will have the house to myself.

elisabeth@foodandthriftfinds said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Melynda!
We will be having a quiet Father's Day as well, both, father, and son, spending some time on the beach or the pool, and a leisurely lunch at home.

I have a couple awards for you to claim, stop by my blog please...you know the rest!
Congratulations, well deserved...as always:DDD

Brenda said...

Happy Friday Melynda! Last night was fun, lol, glad you joined in! :o) I'm making Joe pulled pork sandwiches for Father's Day. It'll be pretty laid back and quiet. Have a great day1

Sage Trifle said...

Ditto. Quiet here as well, which is a good thing. I do have some favorite foods planned though. Shh, don't tell.

Michelle said...

Those photos all look so inviting!!

Debbie said...

You betcha I have quiet days when cooking is not all that alluring to me. And fathers Day? I know it will be realxing...depends on what he wants to do. Probably not much since he's been putting our knew kitchen floor.
Have a great day!

meowmeowmans said...

Love that view! We hope you have a wonderful Father's Day, too. :)

Classic NYer said...

Those berries look appetizing! Funny how we wrote about the same thing, haha...

Thanks for blessing my page!