Sunday, June 19, 2011

A return to Sunday dinner, for Father's Day


In celebration of Father's Day we will be having a collective potluck with my sister's family. Our family will be sharing Smothered Pork Chops, a Greek inspired cucumber salad, roasted potatoes, peppers and onions and Pineapple upside down cake.

I usually start with dessert first, that way the oven is free to cook other items, and the dessert can be cooled or chilled as needed for proper serving.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Potatoes, onions and peppers ready to roast. Along with 2 heads of garlic, I hear there will be homemade bread at this dinner. 

Pork chops, almost done.

Greek inspired Cucumber and Tomato Salad with feta

What is your favorite memory of your Dad? Here is mine, updated with a photo.

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello.
I appreciate your time and of course your wonderful comments!


8 comments:

Pegasuslegend said...

love that cucumber salad with feta my favorite!

Alessandra said...

Weeee I haven't made upsidedown pineapple cake for centuries! Of course we need a return to Sunday dinners, (well, lunch if you are Italian, and we never really stopped), here in NZ too many people are just going for take aways these days!


Good on you!

ciao
Alessandra

laurie said...

what a perfect sunday dinner,, that cake looks delicious,,

Brenda said...

My Dad was born and raised in Vermont and I used to LOVE hearing all the stories he would tell about growing up there. I have such happy memories of my time spent in Vermont with all my cousins. My Dad has been gone 16 years but I think about him every day. Your dinner, as always, looks amazing Melynda. I hope you had an awesome day......

Pam said...

This all looks so good! Those pork chops look especially tasty and it's been ages since I've had a pineapple upside down cake!

Holly said...

As always, dinner looks wonderful. Bet those pork chops are nice and tender. Glad to see you added a pic of your dad. Happy Sunday, my friend. P.S. my word verification is brastrap. Hmmmm

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Melynda, Happy Father's Day to your Honey! Your Father's Day potluck celebration looks great! Hope that everyone had fun!
My family spent the day and had lunch with my FIL back in my hubby's hometown and we reached home at night for our own dinner. Will be going back home to my dad's place which is about 2 hours drive from my home, in about two weeks or so to spend the weekend with him.

Have a great week, Melynda!

Erina said...

I like the idea of a return to Sunday dinners when there was nothing to do but spend time with family. I enjoyed your pictures and story of your memories with your dad and his truck.