Friday, June 24, 2011

Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter.....

Yes, you did read that right. When I signed up last month for taste and create, little did I know what I would be exposed to. And now my friends, here it is....White Chocolate Peanut Butter.


For those not in the know, and that included me, until last month, taste and create is an opportunity to get to know another blogger by cooking from their blog. You submit a request to be a part of the next months happenings, and you are paired up. I was paired up with I will not eat oysters , which I think is a lot of fun, because I won't eat oysters either!

When I went exploring to find the recipe I would make, I ran across the White Chocolate Peanut Butter and thought straight away, that is it! But then I did the mature thing and decided I did not need a kazillion calories at my fingertips. And since I have been a bit busy at work and with other assorted life tasks, my second thought is that I should make something for Honey. That is when I noticed her Nanner Bread, thinking yes, make a loaf of bread and save yourself a kazillion calories, well for now anyway.

But yesterday was very tiring. I had a tenant luncheon at work for my tenants, and then there is laundry, life and love to fit in there too, and the Nanner bread just seemed like too much for this tired lady. So I am going for the kazillion calories. Oh and one more thing, it is called White Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter, but I am going to eat it with pretzels, so there won't be any in there.....I'm just sayin.


White Chocolate Peanut Butter
adapted from: I Will Not Eat Oysters

1 4oz bar premium white chocolate
1 c lightly salted* or unsalted peanuts
1 T mild oil - if needed

*If you do not want an assertive salted flavor to your peanut butter, pour the salted peanuts into a mesh sieve and shake out excess salt.

Place peanuts and chocolate into the bowl of a food processor. Process until crumbly, scrape down sides of bowl, continue to process until smooth. You may need to add the oil to achieve a smooth finished product.




Take care to not lick the processor blade and cut your tongue. Enjoy with pretzels or from your finger, it is that good!

Recipe rating:  Oh Yes! (will make again)

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello.
I appreciate your time and of course your wonderful comments!

This post is shared with:
foodie friday @ designs by Gollum
sweets for a saturday @ sweet as sugar cookies
weekend round up @ the life and times of the 21 century housewife

key words:  taste and create, white chocolate, peanut butter

11 comments:

The Country Cook said...

oh I LOVE this!! I love peanuts and I love white chocolate. It's like it was made for me!!

Laraine Eddington said...

Delicously dangerous devilish delight.

Our Italian Kitchen said...

Yummy! Very creative! Love your blog challenge group! I kinda want to give it ta try!

Jess said...

Did you make enough to share with your favorite daughter? Man that looks good...

kitchen flavours said...

This looks wonderful! Never heard of white chocolate peanut butter! What a great combination, would be lovely in brownies! And "taste and create" hop sounds like fun!

Judi said...

What a creative idea! Can't wait to try this.

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

Oh my goodness Melynda! What a wonderful recipe - I can just imagine how good this is! Definitely worth the kazillion calories! I love the idea of combining white chocolate with peanuts. Although it is not a combo I have ever tried before, I just know it has to be delicious. Thank you for sharing this post with The Weekend Roundup!

Reeni said...

OMG this is heaven! I love the sound of it with pretzels - the sweet and the salty. Amazing! Hope you're having a relaxing weekend!

Elsa said...

This is a good idea. My friend loves white chocolate peanut butter but I've never been able to find in it the stores. It didn't occur to me that I could make it.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, yum!

Diane said...

Wow! Never thought about putting white chocolate and peanut butter together. Yummy!