Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Garden Tuesday, lets look up front

This weekend we had spent some time getting the front yard tidy. It is easy to let it get away from us, as it is largely a work free zone. What with the evergreen trees, shrubs, bulbs and ivy. But there still comes a time, when all the weeds growing between each of those items are starting to show. Also the pine needles can only become so deep, before it is time to remove a layer!


I love all these trees, they can be messy with the needles on the roof-top and in the rain gutter. But still, I like them. Especially this "twin" tree.



This little guy just showed up! I usually pull the starts out, because we won't even have a front yard in a few years if I don't! I wanted to uproot this one also, but I was over-ruled by Honey.






We also have iris.

And this beautiful roddie in the front yard. 

There is also a dark purple lilac, a couple of smaller flowering shrubs (that I do not know the names) succulent ground cover, some heather, and other spikey leaf plants that have a beautiful plume of flowers, Yuccas?

It is busy, but comes together in an organized and mostly work free way.

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and visit.
I appreciate your time and your comments.

This post is shared with:
garden tuesday @ sidewalk shoes
tuesday garden party @ an oregon cottage
cottage flora thursday @ fishtail cottage

key words:  evergreen trees, seedlings, lilac, ground cover

12 comments:

laurie said...

I'm with the Honey,, let this little tree live,, you could spend biggy bucks on something to plant when this little fellow has chose to join your life for free, beautiful yard and flowers,, I love Iris and had those very ones,, a long time ago,

Pegasuslegend said...

I agree too , and forgot how much I love iris so pretty!

Holly said...

Trees? Oh yes, I do remember what those are. We do have them here, just not a lot of them. Not like we did in Indiana. Glad you didn't pull her out, she will be lovely!

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

Your iris and rhodendron are beautiful. I'm visiting from Garden Tuesday at Sidewalk Shoes. I hope you have a great day.
Sam

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Your iris are particularly striking--thank you for sharing the photo!

Pam said...

We have a couple of baby pines, I love them.

Kat said...

Enjoyed stopping by from Pam's Garden Tuesday. It is nice to see what everyone is growing. Love the rhodendron! And the little pine is so cute.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Oh let the tree live! I love iris and yours are just beautiful. so jealous at the moment. IF i had them in my backyard i would pick them everyday!

kitchen flavours said...

Keep the tree.. either leave it where it is or relocate to another spot! Your garden is looking great...!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Your gardens are just beautiful... and I love your iris!... xoxo Julie Marie

Sunray Gardening said...

Your Iris and Rhody are lovely. I so like the lavender Rhodies. I am your new follower, appreciate if you stop by and do same. Have a nice day.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Fishtail Cottage said...

Your lucky to have some established trees...must be so nice! Thanks for sharing over at Cottage Flora Thursday's Garden Party! xoox, tracie