Sunday, May 29, 2011

Our Sunday Cafe, May 2011













Smoky Roasted Pork Shoulder,
by the seat of my pants,




Pork Shoulder was browned, without salt or seasonings.
Painted with a smoky glaze of, 1 T each honey, yellow mustard, smoked paprika. 1/2 t garlic salt and 1/4 t liquid smoke. Sit on a bed of coarsely chopped onion, cook on low 6 hours in a crock pot.












Death Row Chicken (good enough to be your last meal!)
from:  RecipeAddict

This is a delicious dish. I did adapt it slightly, I used less vinegar and omitted the blanched garlic, instead seasoning with garlic salt. This was a big hit with everyone!













Inside Out Pizza Bites
by the seat of my pants
Angel biscuit dough, cut into small squares and scattered in a pan. Bake 10 minutes, spread with pizza sauce and some cheese. Continue baking 10 minutes more. Tasty and fun!


Roasted Buttermilk Mashed Sweet Potatoes - shown with the Pork Shoulder.


Oven roasting in the skins, keeps the flavor rich and naturally sweet. The rest is simple, peel, return to the oven or microwave for a quick reheat, mash, season with buttermilk and butter.




Buttered Corn - no photo!













Chocolate Banana Upside Down Cake
from :  Kitchen Flavours



Caramel base.
thick banana slices
 Not a wise choice in pan size, wise choice to use a pie moat.

 











Rhubarb Apple Crisp, served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
by the seat of my pants

I try to make half nut free, some in our family just don't eat nuts!

Grape Lime Ricki's

Cold Beer

Wine

Coffee, Milk and Soda

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello.
I appreciate your time and your comments!


6 comments:

Candace said...

I wish I were a member of your family! It all looks delicious, Melynda. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day, Candace

laurie said...

oh my my,, yummo,, its all so good,, where to begin,, (I say that same thing) by the seat of my pants,,

kitchen flavours said...

Your Sunday Cafe menu are perfect! Your Smoky Roasted Pork Shoulder and the Death Row Chicken both looks so yummy! And I'm glad that you have tried out the Choc Caramel Banana Upside Down Cake. Oops, the caramel has flowed over, perhaps your baking dish is a little shallow, but then I guess that does not affect the yumminess one bit! I hope that your family enjoyed it!
As usual your rhubarb recipe leaves me drooling! Wait till I have my hands on some rhubarb, if I can get them! :) Have a lovely week, Melynda!

Brenda said...

Adopt me please. As usual Melynda, beautiful! You always put on such a fantastic spread. Lucky family! :o)

Holly said...

Death row chicken??!! Never heard of such a thing. Everything looks wonderful! My mouth is watering for that rhubarb crisp right now.

Donnie said...

I tried to find the chicken recipe on Recipe addict but couldn't locate it. Does she call it something else? I had to bookmark this post because I want to try it all.