Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our Sunday Cafe, March 2011

Another great dinner and good times with the family, I do believe I got pictures of everything this time!

Flank steak pinwheels, on a bed of spinach and mushrooms.


Teriyaki Chicken.



Braised Meat loaf.


 Various side dishes, buttered corn, brown rice, and oven roasted sweet potatoes.

 Roasted Cauliflower Salad with lemon, garlic and Parmesean cheese. 

 Salad Platter, build your own salad, with lemon mustard dressing and a blue cheese vinaigrette

Gingerbread Pudding Cake, with sliced apples.


Cream Cheese Banana Bread with Pecans. I have some non-nut eaters in my group. The way around that is for nuts to be placed on top, leaving a small "nut free zone". I usually place any nuts in a quick bread recipe on top. I love the toasted flavor and the nuts are in plain view for those who might have "texture" issues.


Pretzel Toffee, just for fun and sharing!

We also made Lime Rickeys using the SodaStream, concentrated grape juice and juice of 1 lime, these were a hit!

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop by.
I appreciate your time and your comments.

key words:  Moms Sunday Cafe

14 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Wow! Melynda, that's a delicious looking dinner! Wish I could join you, I know that I will love everything!

Bo said...

That is a feast!

Pegasuslegend said...

What a fabulous feast did you cook all day? Wow hope you got to enjoy this wonderful meal :)

Holly said...

Everything looks wonderful but I really want to try those pinwheel flank steaks. Yummo!

Brenda said...

Melynda, your Sunday dinners are the best! You need to live next door to me. I hope you either have a dishwasher or lots of help with all those dishes, lol! (I have a dishwasher - me!). Have a great week my friend!

Annie Jones said...

It all looks so yummy! I think I'd enjoy the meatloaf the most.

Melynda said...

Claudia, my day starts at 4:00am and serving is at 2:00pm for an old fashioned Sunday Dinner. I start with the desserts and breads, then end up with the last minute vegetables or reduced sauces.

Brenda, the kids want to help with the dishes etc, but I would rather we all visit. I do have a dishwasher, so this really is not too much for me to do by myself.

Donnie said...

You are a fabulous cook. I think I'll make the meatloaf this week.

Jess said...

Everything was so good Mom, Thank you!

Brandie said...

Holy Cow! I want to be invited next time!!
Everything looks so delicious!!

Pam said...

Wow, it all looks so good!!! I wanted to thank you for your kind comments about Scrappycat.

LeAnn said...

You're just amazing. I make a couple things and I'm tired and done. You make so much!

Reeni said...

What a delicious feast! My mouth is watering like crazy!

Sage Trifle said...

As usual, everything looks absolutely delicious. And now, hopefully, you and your honey will have enough leftovers to munch on this week so you can have a break.