Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How about a Strawberry Dessert Bar

Today I was assured that spring is coming. The proof was right there at the marketplace. It was in the form of a beautiful display of strawberries. I had no choice, I had to bring some of these wonderful berries home.


When you are in need of proof that the season is ready to turn, I ask you, would this not be the answer? As the market continues to fill with all the wonderful produce that marks the warmer weather, it is also time to remember the simple yet delicious ways to enjoy the seasons bounty.

A perfect way is to set out a strawberry bar at dessert time. This quickly built dessert is also a serve yourself affair, how can you go wrong? Oh and it is beautiful as well.

Set out a large dish of washed berries, a small bowl of sour cream and a second bowl of brown sugar. To enjoy all you do is, dip the berry into the sour cream and then into the brown sugar. Enjoy, repeat as necessary until satisfaction is achieved. See very easy. Maybe too easy, lets recap the instructions to keep it straight.

1. Set out a large bowl of washed berries, 2. a small bowl of sour cream and 3. a second bowl containing brown sugar. To enjoy, dip the berry first into the sour cream and then into the brown sugar. Repeat until satisfied.


See very easy and so easy to enjoy!

And then there is Honey's style, 

Sliced berries, over vanilla ice cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup. It is easy to please everyone, at strawberry time. 

As always thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello.
I appreciate your time and your comments.

This post will be shared with:
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Simple Lives Thursdays @ GNOWFGLINS 
Fat Camp Friday @ Mangoes and Chutney

key words:  strawberries, easy dessert, sour cream

14 comments:

Bo said...

I do love strawberries just dipped in sugar!

kitchen flavours said...

Wow, beautiful strawberries! Love the way you put it, "repeat until satisfied", I will "repeat until there's none left!". :)
My kids would love the way your honey have these, with ice cream and chocolate syrup, somehow chocolate syrup always goes well with strawberries! Yummy!

Miriam said...

Fresh berries in ANYTHING is incredible!! It's finally becoming Spring here too, yay!!
Great post :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

Strawberries are a sure sign that spring is on it's way. They are beautiful. There is no wrong way to have these sweet berries.

Holly said...

Yes, please! I have strawberries every morning. Either in my smoothie or on my cereal.

Brenda said...

Can I have my strawberries with a huge bowl of freshly whipped cream? :o)

Pegasuslegend said...

very nice I just did a post on the healthy benefits on my other blog these look fabulous!

Elisabeth said...

I just bought 2 large pkgs of gorgeous strawberries, and you've given me a wonderful suggestion...since I'm not coming up with other dessert ideas, although a fresh strawberry pie would be a welcome. (just dreaming)

Jess said...

We must be related cause I totally had Strawberries dipped in SC & BS last night. Thanks for introducing that to us Mom! It is one of my favorite treats. LOVE IT!

I'm Cindy said...

Makes me want to run out and get some berries. I love them on Cheerios!!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Melynda,
Wow those Strawberries look so good. I just love fresh Strawberries dipped in sugar and then in cream it is so good. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

Sage Trifle said...

What a delicious and beautiful idea!

Tina (PinayInTexas) said...

Hmmmm...my daughters and I love fresh strawberries with chocolate syrup!

Debbie said...

These sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing these beautiful berries. I look forward to seeing you at What's On the Menu Wednesday this week. Happy Spring