Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Garden Tuesday

I wish,


 
the garden looked this great, right now! With spring growth popping out of the ground, and the weeds under control.
I wish,


it was time to mulch the strawberry beds with crushed egg shells, saved all year, just for this anti-slug task.
But,
this is more like the state of things around here. Droopy, sad and in need of lots of TLC! Our weather has been crazy with rain, wind and yesterday more hail. Even the indoor plants are feeling it! 

Since,

I am dreaming of better garden times ahead, I would like a couple of these little outdoor plant stands, that we noticed a couple of years ago while out and about. This was at a little antique store, and I fell in love, with it immediately.


Garden-time dreaming, that's all that I'm doin...........

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello.
I appreciate your time and your comments.

This post is shared with:
Garden Tuesday@sidewalk shoes

Key words: garden tips and tricks, outdoor plant shelf.

8 comments:

Holly said...

I like that plant stand too. My yard is in terrible shape, we had a pretty bad frost here which killed one tree and several of our hedges. Had to have the hedges trimmed back from 5 feet tall to about 8 inches. My yard is naked and brown.

Pam said...

Thanks for linking up to Garden Tuesday!

kitchen flavours said...

Your garden is lovely! I'm envying you over your strawberry patch! :)
Yup, that is a lovely plant stand. I am not doing much gardening here either, it has been raining everyday for the past two weeks! Some of the flowers from my cherry tomatoes have fallen to the ground! And I have not even seen one tomato yet! Hope the weather improves!

Brenda said...

Melynda, what a lovely garden and yard you have! I'm always so envious of people who have yards that are bigger than a postage stamp (like ours), lol. I guess living in downtown Toronto I'm lucky to even have a yard! We have a snowstorm headed our way tonight/tomorrow. *Sigh....*

shabby girl said...

I didn't know about the eggshell trick! I used to put beer out for the slugs. They died happy.

Pegasuslegend said...

you are so talented there is no way for me to have a green thumbs... I am all thumbs and kill everything.. You would think in florida I could grow anything. We just planted a tree keylime hoping this wont die..its like having pets you have to take care of this, never am home or have the time... :( love strawberries boy do I ever envy your garden!

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

I too am waiting for the garden to be planted and growing. Everything looks so sad now. Thankfully it will not be as long as it has been.

I'm Cindy said...

Trying tog et our yard in shape also. But I did have my first rose bloom yesterday. I took a pic and posted it. Love that plant stand too!!