Thursday, March 31, 2011

Building friendships with awards

That is my take on the various tags and awards offered to bloggers. This little act of kindness can also be a fun way to share about one's self and become more of a friend. It is easy to be friendly out here in blogland, everyone is safe at home behind a computer screen or other such device. It is just as easy to also put a bit about yourself out there, in the same way we build face to face friendships in our hometowns.

This award was given by Melissa @ Frugal Creative. I had the opportunity to do a couple of guest posts at her place, thank you Melissa. Please take a moment to stop and say hello to Melissa and learn about her.

The rules state to list 7 facts, and I will because that is how we learn of one another, and pass it on to 15 other bloggers. That is the part I have a bit of discomfort with, not wanting anyone to feel put upon. So I shall be a rule breaker (sorry Melissa!) and offer the challenge to share 7 facts about yourself on your blog and drop a line back here, so everyone can come and visit you!


Seven facts:

1. I am a middle child, always helpful and the one called upon to be helpful. This of course spilled over into my adult life and my daily job. Funny how that happens!

2. I made jam for my new home as a married woman, before I got married. Making a home was always my desire, working outside of the home is a necessity.

3. I drive a frugal car, shop in thrift stores and I love my life. My home is beautiful, I am excited by the challenge of finding just the right item to make it perfect and not spending a lot to do so.

4. My family supports my hobbies and my dreams, this is paramount to happiness. I hope that I offer the same in return, that is what being a family is all about.

5. I fail completely at keeping a sourdough starter going. There I said it out loud!

6. I want to be just like my grandmother, to my own grandchildren.

7. I do believe life gets better. We age yes, the body changes yes, but life takes on a different meaning, one of depth and happiness.

Again Thanks to Melissa and the challenge is on!

As always, thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello.
I appreciate your time and your comments.

8 comments:

Holly said...

I learned some new things about you. That's always fun. Congrats on the award but I can't blame you for being a rule breaker, very tactful though.

Bo said...

Nice to get to know you better...I'm a big thrift store shopper myself.

kitchen flavours said...

Congratulations on your award. You deserve this lovely award. It is nice to know more about the sweet person behind Mom's Sunday Cafe. Have a lovely weekend, Melynda!

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the way you broke that rule!!

Donnie said...

You are such a sweet lady. You deserve that award and I'm like you in the fact that it is so hard to pick just a few to pass it on to.

Brenda said...

Melynda, I love learning more about my sweet friend. Thank you for sharing with us. :o)

Melissa said...

I enjoyed reading your 7 Facts!

I've had trouble with sourdough starters in the past, but I've finally got one that has survived much neglect. LOL

Thanks for playing along. I understand about not wanting to list other bloggers; I always feel as though I'll leave someone out, too. In fact, after I posted my list, I realized that I did forget someone!

Thanks, too, for your guest posts. I've posted your Lima beans recipe today. :)

Nicola (Which Name?) said...

That is sweet that you don't want people to feel put upon. I always feel like I am leaving someone out!
I might be with you on the sourdough starter. I am trying gluten-free. We shall see...