Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our Sunday Cafe, February 2011

Submarine Sandwich Pizza, I have written about this delicious pizza before, having remembered it for so many years, and becoming brave enough to make it myself. I added some pepperoni this time around, for a little added zip!





Homemade dough and sauce.


Sliced ham and pepperoni.

After it is baked, add green pepper strips.

Then top with sliced tomatoes and pepperoncinis. 



BBQ Chicken Pizza, this is for those that want things a bit more on the mild side. BBQ chicken breast, red sauce zipped up with a splash of BBQ sauce, and cooked bacon.



Gingered Green Beans with Chicken, this is my "just because" offering. Maybe someone won't want to fill up on pizza and prefer a bit more vegetables and some brown rice. I was going to serve this with Quinoa, but I could not find it in the chest freezer, to refill the pantry jar. So brown rice it is! Oh yes, and thanks LeAnn!

Stir fried, right before the ginger sauce.


Red pepper strips and cucumber slices


Tossed greens in vinaigrette

Apple and Floozie Cranberry pie cake. This delicious treat adapted from this one posted by Beverly of Beverly's Back Porch. I did adapt her recipe to use up my cranberries left from making liqueur.


 Served with vanilla ice cream. 

This does not look like much , but this is an espresso float, topped with brandied prunes. Yummy!

About 1/3 c hot espresso strength coffee in a bowl, add a scoop of ice cream and top with brandied prunes. Rich flavor and delicious. 

As always thanks for stopping to say hello, 
I appreciate your visits and your comments!
                                         ###

11 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Both your pizza looks delicious. Love your desserts too. I can imagine the aroma of the espresso with the brandied prunes!

Holly said...

Holy Smokes!! You're killing me here. The pizza looks so, so good

Sheila said...

Oh wow!! My family would be in heaven if I made a meal like that. I bought some quinoa a while back but I haven't fixed it yet--I keep forgetting about it. Take care.

Pegasuslegend said...

margarita pizza my favorite but a bonus post with all the extra's this all looks wonderful!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

That pizza looks so good! It is making me hungry :)

Brenda said...

Submarine sandwich pizza - what a fantastic idea Melynda. Love it! I'm adding it to my list of pizzas to try. I can never get enough pizza....

Donnie said...

Fabulous food photos. Looks yummy.

Sage Trifle said...

Not much better than a pizza party! It all sounds so scrumptious and I know your family loved it. I loved seeing and reading about it.

LeAnn said...

I was enjoying the pizza talk, then I saw something familiar. Glad you enjoyed my ginger-bliss.

Melinda said...

I love those pizza ideas! I can't wait to try the Submarine Sandwich one!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Melynda, Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful pizza. I'm featuring it today. I'd love for you to stop by :)
Katie