Sunday, January 23, 2011

Getting back on track


Since I am almost over that bad cold that is going around in our area, it is time to get back to keeping up with the needs of our home. Yesterday I spent some time with my little sis and my great niece doing what we love to do (well maybe not the great niece yet) thrifting. My little sis has feet just the right size to find great shoes, usually new at a very affordable thrifting price. Me, not so much, my very own boat sized shoes never set foot in a thrift store unless I walk them in! I usually head straight to the housewares and look for the unusual or unique. And happiness be mine, I always score!

I found this great hammered cooper candle holder. I have started collecting cooper pieces, and this one fits right in with that new hobby.

I also found this unique patchwork with crocheted piece. I am not certain it is a table cloth or runner, but I shall use it here and other spots as the desire strikes.

 
Having these different and unique pieces is such fun. I enjoy changing out the dining room table with something new and different, usually on a Sunday.  The little ceramic tray for the salt and pepper shakers was from an earlier thrifting day.


Our little house was almost a great room concept. Before Honey changed a wall, it was possible to see the kitchen counters from the living room. That I did not like. Now the dining room can be seen from the living room,  and keeping the table set with a nice display adds to the enjoyment of our little home.

Honey put up the magnetic knife rack before going to work today. Out of reach from the little ones that visit, but still handy for a cook to get too. Thanks Honey!

Whether I like it or not, there is laundry, changing of linens, vacuuming and various cleaning chores calling my name. Maybe I can get around to making/baking something also.

As always thanks so much for stopping by to visit.
I appreciate your time and your comments.

5 comments:

Donnie said...

Looks like you found some wonderful things. I have a magnetic knife holder too and I find it really useful. Much better than in the drawers.

I'm just sayin' said...

Love your table it seems rich with history.

Pam said...

Love the crochet piece, love the copper, AND I need more knives.

LeAnn said...

The knife holder looks awesome.

Mexico in my kitchen said...

I also love thrifty shopping. I do not do as often as I use to but it is great just to see or window shopping.