Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Thank you Alex @ a moderate life for this award. I do know one thing, my "style" is unique, and I have fun with this good life, the friends I have made blogging, and playing in the kitchen.


Apparently there are rules for acceptance, so lets get our chores done, then we can play.

* Post linking back to the person that gave you the award.

* Share 7 random things about yourself.

* Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.

* Drop them a note, and tell them about it!

Hmmm, sharing stuff about me. These are in random order, not order of importance.


1. I display my family of origin name and my birth position on my license plate, "EGGER 2". One day while getting gas, the attendant must have thought my little red car might be part of a business fleet, she asked if there was an EGGER 1, and I told her, that would belong to my older sister.

2. I work with Seniors, I have for over 10 years. Currently I am a Housing Manager, it is challenging, usually fun, and I seem young to them! Working with seniors, can also be difficult, some are going through the terrible-(seventy)twos and others have health conditions that preclude enjoying activities of daily living.

3. My blog was started to display the fruition of my Sunday dinner concept and the ongoing dinners. In the beginning (when only my children read it) everything was boring because I followed self imposed rules that I thought were important. Then one day, something happened, I don't know, maybe I got bored or forgot my own rules! I began to change not only the content, but how I offered it. Now I get to enjoy my family centered Sunday Cafe dinners (held last Sunday of each month, now 3 years old) and some writing that can be enjoyable to read. Apparently I also had a creative writing desire within me, I finally let out to play.

4. My family doubled, when my children married. I am very fortunate and I love all my kids!

5. Some days I don't want to cook. On these days I hope there is a planned-over in the freezer!

6. And on the reverse side, I have been known to pull a vacation day, so I can stay home and cook.

7. Thank you! A big thank you to everyone that comes here, reads my stuff and leaves a comment. Bloggers aren't "needy" as much as they don't know if you have been here without a little comment. And yes it is very nice to have visitors, so thank you, thank you, thank you.

And now.......

I would like to show these great bloggers my appreciation and respect for their time, effort and the great blog posts they offer up. These are in no order of importance, just tumbling out. You each may collect and carry on the tradition as desire dictates and you feel comfortable doing so.  

1.  Brenda @ Brenda's Canadian Kitchen. She is so charming, and she has done some traveling! A very nice read, she also is the hostess of Cook Book Sunday, where I have been challenged to use my own cookbooks. Thank you Brenda.

2.  Rocquie @ Sage Trifle. Rocquie offers some great retro food. Her photos are impeccable. She has the luxury of cooking for an eating machine and often will cook what He is hungry for. She has indulged me with my own little series: What we ARE NOT eating Wednesdays, by joining in a time or two. And I must tell you, even the photos of what she did not eat, were better than mine!

3.  LeAnn @ Dinner with the Osbornes. LeAnn and I met for coffee here a while ago. It is always a pleasure to meet other bloggers. It so happens we live in the same town. She is a hard working woman, who together with her husband own and operate their own business. Then she goes home and makes dinner. She has a little feature on her blog that I enjoy. She usually ends her posts with a remember to......phrase.

4.  Pam @ Sidewalk shoes. Pam is so straight forward! In life, in blogging and I would think everywhere. I love it. She usually shows only one photograph on her posts, but it clearly tells the whole story. She features a weekend wine review, that I enjoy. I have been learning a thing or two about which wines to try and those that are not worth putting in the cart. And she is a cat lover!

5.  Sue @ Couscous & Consciousness. Sue has recently started a new series, Make it with.......Mondays. There is a new ingredient each week, but she graciously keeps the link up for 2 weeks, so that you have time to find, make and post a recipe with the special ingredient for that week. This series had been fun as well as challenging for me, helping break through my hesitation and use those ingredients that I am not sure what to do with. In addition, Sue makes the most vibrant food!

6.  Elisabeth @ food and thrift finds. Elisabeth lives in beautiful Palm Beach Florida. She is often out in her community and shows some gorgeous scenery. She is also a great cook, and had me at Polenta. She always has a kind word to say and shares her thrifty finds. I love to go thrifting so this is a fun connection.

7.  Farah @ craft.a.world. Farah lives in Pakistan. She primarily shows her home and the things she has crafted to make her home comfortable and beautiful to the eye. She is a very talented woman. She is gentle and quiet in her blogging style. She recently offered a post about her country and the beautiful scenery there. She too is a cat lover.

8.  Claudia @ what's cookin' Italian style cuisine. Claudia cooks, and cooks and cooks. She makes me want to cook and cook and cook! Her goal is to document her family's heritage, from the kitchen. And now her sons have begun to carry on the family tradition of home cooking and family meals. She offers some really great food, just right for around your own family table.

9.  Monica @ The Yummy Life. The beautiful presentation and food styling caught my eye. In addition Monica cooks some great food, and offers up homemade mixes and spice blends. She also has some great downloads for labels and tags, these are very nice to finish off your homemade gift and make it look special.  I have several of her posts bookmarked for in the future.


10.  Avril @ Baking and Creating with Avril. Avril is a cooking baking machine. She was a part of the 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies series. She has been a little busy of late with her latest homemade specialty, new daughter Coco. Drop by Avril's blog and sneak a peak of young Miss Coco, and say hi to Arvil too!

11.  Joy @ Kitchen Flavours. Joy is the sweetest blogger. She makes a wide variety of different food for her family and shares it with all of us on her blog. Joy is also brave, she just gets in there and does it. I  enjoy visiting her blog to see what she has made, knowing that it will be delicious, healthy and beautiful to look at.

12.  K @ Cooking with K. I am a fairly new visitor to K's blog. She makes some delicious food, especially desserts! K cooks for her husband and grown family. She has photos of her beautiful group and I can tell she is a proud wife, mother and grandmother.

13.  Holly @ Hoosier at heart. Holly and I might have been separated at birth even though we were born in different states to different mothers, in different years. She totally cracks me up! She has a great sense of humor and is not afraid to take life where she finds it, especially on trash day. Stop by Holly's place and leave with a laugh, she hands them out for free!

14.  Carla @ Recipe Addict. Carla makes some great food. I am new to visiting her (and Michael's) blog. Her posts contain delicious, home cooked food, shared in a straight forward manner. This is what they eat, and I love that part.

15.  Laraine @ Larainy Days. What can I say, I think humor is very stylish! I come here often to get my laugh in good working order. And I get the side benefit of being able to leave a bit of a snarky comment. You won't find chocolate chips in cookies on this blog, and probably you won't find a chip off the old block either!

And a special shout out to Annie @ Real Life Living. Annie requests to be award and tag free, but drop by and say "hi" and let her know I honored that request but wanted to introduce you to her.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!
And thank you for visiting today.

18 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

It is now 12.06 am and just about to retire for the night, thought of checking my mails first! Congratulations for the award. If anyone deserves it, it is you! Thank you for passing it on to me, I really appreciate it, and your lovely words, really put a smile on my face and my heart too! Thank you, Melynda, it has been a blessing to have found your blog. I really enjoy "visiting" you and reading about what you have been "up to" now! LOL! What We Are Not Eating Wednesday, may not be palatable but they are a pleasure to read!
I will pick up this lovely award and post it after I'm back from the Chinese New Year holidays, will be away for a week! Thank you again! Have a lovely week!

Brenda said...

Thank you so much Melynda for the award and kind words. It's been an absolute pleasure getting to know you and I am honoured to be called your friend!

Belinda @zomppa said...

That's adorable about your car!! Great to get to know more about you.

Carla and Michael said...

My goodness! My third award since I started this. I am so hunbled. I am looking forward to "paying it forward". Also, I hope to someday meet some of you wonderful people in person as I am so indebted to you all for stopping by and sharing with us. What a wonderful "extended" family this is.

girlichef said...

Congrats on your well deserved award, Melynda :) It's always fun learning a little more about the people we interact with so often.

Annie Jones said...

Congrats on your award and thanks for the link. And thanks for understanding my award-free, tag-free stance. I know some people don't like to be tagged and I never know how to pick out award recipients without feeling like I'm slighting someone.

laraine@eddfam.com said...

Thank you so much Melynda. I always love your funny comments and am glad you enjoy my brand of crazy.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Congratulations Melynda Sweetie...
What a gorgeous share. I love reading about you. Love the Eggers. That is SO cute. I can see the gas attendant asking about Egger 1, she/he was probably expecting 1 to be your husband. Love it.

I love that you work with seniors. They so need to be happy to, and being the happy person that you are, I know you give them a new outlook on life and make them smile. So sweet my friend. So sweet.

Love your comments, as they always make my day. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Candace said...

Congratulations! Your award is very much deserved! I love the comment about your car. Too funny!
I hope you are having a good weekend. I'm going to check out the recipients of your award.

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Hi Melynda - congratulations on your well-deserved award. Thanks for passing it on and for your very kind words. Loved reading and learning a little more about you.
Sue :-)

Pegasuslegend said...

Congrats to you, then the honor to be amongst these talented bloggers is overwhelming, your kind words touched me. Thank you so much for your support and kindess its deeply appreciated...

e-Mom said...

Stopping by to say Hi! Love your Sunday Cafe theme. We do special Sunday dinners in our family too.

Have a wonderful weekend!

e-Mom @ Susannah's {Kitchen}

Swathi said...

congrats on your award, wishing many more to come.

Pam said...

Congrats on your award!! And thank you so much for mine! You are so sweet.

Cooking with K said...

You are a sweetie for giving me this award....I am touched! Blessings, K

Sage Trifle said...

Thank you Melynda. . .you are too sweet. This is a very thoughtful post and I look forward to checking out the blogs you are introducing me to.

And of course, congratulations to you!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! And thanks for checking out my blog!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Hi Melynda, just came back to say thanks again for the award. Somewhat belatedly I have finally posted a response http://bit.ly/eLpcbQ
Sue xo