Sunday, December 19, 2010

Slice and bake gingersnaps with lemon glaze


I decided to make the shape of these cookies rectangle, primarily because I am so much more successful with that shape! The Gingersnap Cookie Dough is easy to work into an attractive shape, directly from the refrigerator. It is firm, but not hard.

The dough was shaped and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Baked, and cooled.


To glaze:

Juice of 1 lemon, strained
1 T coconut oil (melted)
1 1/4 - 2 c powdered sugar

Melt oil, stir in lemon juice and 1 1/4 c powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth and mixture will "drizzle" from a fork. Additional powdered sugar may be needed to get that just right consistency.



I love the flavor of lemon and gingersnaps, so I had a heavy hand and put a puddle of glaze in the center, then did a partial spread/smear and decorated with some very old fashioned garnishes, currents and sliced almonds.


When Honey left after his meal break, he said "the lemon is a nice touch".


Yum.

There is another roll of dough ready when I need it. I want to make some whipped  cream stacks, and serve with poached pears. Stay tuned...........

As always, thanks so much for stopping by, I do appreciate your time.

This post shared with:

Tuesday Night Supper Club @ fudge ripple



8 comments:

Donnie said...

I put this recipe in my folder because I can never make a good gingersnap and this one sounds so good. Hope you have a great day. I'll let you know how they turn out when I make them in January.

Martha (MM) said...

Sounds wonderful Melynda! Thanks for the welcome back :-)

Sage Trifle said...

Pretty!

Priya Sreeram said...

looks very yummy ! loved ur clicks and the presentation !

Kitchen Boffin said...

awesome... would really like to try this

redmenace said...

My gingersnaps never turn out properly. Thanks for posting this. Yours look perfect!

kitchen flavours said...

Yours look perfectly baked, and good with the glaze. Love your big spoon, with the dividing section in between! Cool!

Christy said...

lemon glaze?!!?!! you are a genius. are there any left...because i think i can get to your place rather quickly ;).