Sunday, December 5, 2010

I forgot to mention

I have been remiss, I received this lovely award, from the wonderful Joy @ kitchen flavors. I think it is time to remedy my mistake!

 As in all things there are a couple of rules, but they are fun rules, meant to get to know the blogger.

1. Post who gifted this award to you - Check! That would be the friendly and helpful Joy @ kitchenflavors. Thanks are sent your way Joy, you are so encouraging to know and learn from. I thank you.

2 List 10 that you like. - Only 10? Ok, lets see:

i.  I like my home town community and the larger community of bloggers I have had the privilege of getting to know. 

ii.  I like taking something and making it better (re-purpose). Crafts, food, home and yard.

iii.  I really like my Sunday Cafe dinners, and thanks to my family we are going into our third year.

iv.  I like growing my own berries, and then making jam with them.

v.  I like writing short stories, and sharing when the opportunity arises.

vi.  I like my life, it is enriching, and I still get to learn something everyday.

vii.  I like my little car, it goes and goes and goes on 1 gallon of gas. Can you tell I like to go?

viii.  I like collecting cookbooks.

ix.  I like thrifting, see # 2 above.

x.  I like the idea of exercise and need to practice the ideal of it!

3.  Name 10 blogs that have inspired you. (disclaimer: it is not possible to only say 10, but I will abide by the rules)

A moderate life
kitchen flavors
hunger and thirst
frugality and crunchiness with Christy
girlichef
Sage Trifle
Noble pig
simply recipes
kitchen parade
Brenda's Canadian kitchen

Thank you Joy for your gracious ways!

4 comments:

girlichef said...

Congratulations on your award...I loved learning a few juicy tidbits about you! :D ...and thanks for siting me as a bit of inspiration- you inspire me, as well!

Liz said...

Congrats on your award! I love the insight you posted as well--it's adorable! I especially like your little car! And I really love how you like your life--we so rarely hear that these days with all the negativity around, it's so nice to come to your site and have someone state that! Thanks!

Sage Trifle said...

Congratulations to you Melynda! You have a wonderful blog and I love your positive attitude.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Melynda, Thank you for your sweet and lovely words. It is a pleasure to know you even if only through blogging! Your posts has always been a pleasure to read and I have enjoyed
your writings, amusing, witty and stories about your family, your mom and the stories behind some of your yummy recipes. Thank you for sharing these with us.