Thursday, December 23, 2010

Believe it or not, this is recycled tee shirts!

I have shared and posted direction for making tee shirt yarn, but look this is made from tee shirt yarn! I made this table runner for my sister, she has a very beautiful and large dining table built by her husband.


This shot shows the length of the table, and help to illustrate the need of a rustic runner for everyday use.

The runner was at the far end, so that we could spread out and visit while eating dinner!

It is not as attractive on my table! It was made for the richer wood tones of her table.


Close up for detail.

Thanks Kathy for a wonderful dinner, enjoyable conversation and letting me take photos of your runner!

This post shared with:

Simple lives Thursday @ GNOWFGLINS

well made wednesdays @ an oregon cottage

9 comments:

Hoosier at Heart said...

Unbelievable. That is just so pretty, Melynda! Hey, you have a wonderful Christmas.

Sarah said...

That is really neat! I'm off to see your tutorial for the yarn~

Sage Trifle said...

I bet she loves that for her beautiful table. (It looks pretty on your table too!)

Donnie said...

That looks like such a lot of work. It is beautiful and I bet she will treasure it. That is one long table. Merry Christmas sweetie.

Swathi said...

Beautiful Meylnda, Wish you and family a Merry chirstmas and happy holidays.
Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a wonderful space too.

nico. said...

wow, that is so cool! thanks for stopping by my blog, and you should definitely give the chorizo chili a shot; I think it is my favorite dish on my blog!

Sheila said...

Melynda,
I love the table runner. I'm off to look for the post about making tee shirt yarn. I never would have thought to use tee shirts that way. Love your sisters table too. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed new year. Take care.

laurie said...

I love this runner,, what a great idea,

Jami said...

Oh, I've been itching to make yarn from t-shirts for awhile now! Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. :-) The runner turned out great.

Jami@ An Oregon Cottage