Sunday, November 28, 2010

Today is Sunday Cafe

I have been busy getting the last minute supplies purchased for the remaining gifts that I will be making for Christmas. That with the busyness of Thanksgiving, meant that Sunday Cafe came up rather quickly. I was asked if I wanted to cancel, and I replied with that most wonderful answer a Mother can offer, I answered with a question! My question was, do you want me to cancel due to your own schedule and time needs?  The answer was no. We shall have a scaled back menu, with only one entree.

Sunday Cafe menu:

Meatloaf, a family standby and Honey's favorite.

Meatloaf often times does not photo well, but tastes great. 

Baked Potato bar, with topping choices. (update) grated cheese, butter, sour cream, homemade fire roasted salsa.


Tossed Salad, I especially like serving tossed salad when there is company sharing the meal. We/I never seem to eat it enough when it is just the two of us.

I have begun asking "who wants salad?" before tossing, I new get more folks eating salad. 

Relish plate and doodads (I really like that word, it can be used for so many things!), this will include the green onion wraps by request. I also have some marinated mushrooms, carrot and celery sticks and olives. (update) we also made a cream cheese with pesto and dried tomatoes to serve with pita chips and flax seed brown rice tortilla style chips. 


Applesauce cake, in the oven now! I simmered the leftover baked apples, mashed them and use that as the applesauce. It smells so good.

This was serve yourself style, and whip cream for those that wanted.
A simple meal, shared around the table.


As always, thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your visits.

6 comments:

Reeni said...

What a delicious and comforting meal! I'm especially lovin' the potato bar!

Bo said...

Meatloaf is always one of my favorites...and I love idea of having a baked potato bar.

Melynda said...

Hi Reeni and Bo, sometimes we will have an "Irish Sundae" dinner. Baked potatoes will be served with a whole array of goodies, chili, cheese, steamed broccoli, sliced green onions, sour cream, bacon crumbles. you name it. That is a fun and inexpensive way to have dinner and invite everyone.

Louanne said...

Mmmm, meatloaf & a potato bar, what a delicious meal, Melynda!

Miriam said...

That cream cheese with pesto & tomatoes sounds amazing, just the type of thing I would love to make and eat. And I'm glad to find someone else who likes bown rice tortilla chips, I have to introduce them to most people I feed them to. Everything looks and sounds great, thanks! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

kitchen flavours said...

Meatloaf sounds great to me! The "Irish Sundae" dinner sounds delicious! I have a couple of awards for you over at my blog. Please do drop by to collect them when you can. Have a lovely day!