Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies, the best chocolate chip cookie I have EVER made!

I will admit it, I have struggled with recipes that have a leftover egg part. These delicious cookies are one of those recipes! What on earth do you do with it? I don't want to waste it by just dumping it in the trash.

However, since I have resolved my little leftover egg parts "issue" lets make cookies.

Not just any cookie mind you, the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever made. The additional bonus to these cookies, because you brown the butter, you don't have to wait for any ingredients to come to room temperature, that makes this a great spur of the moment treat. Almost like instant gratification, in chocolate chip cookie form.

Browned butter chocolate chip cookies
adapted from: How Does She ?
350 degree oven

1/2 c butter

1/4 c butter - cut into 4 slices
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar

1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 T vanilla

2 c flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda


2 c chocolate chips
1 c pecan pieces or walnut pieces

Place the 1/2 c butter (1 cube) into small flat pan, melt over medium low heat, then carefully let butter brown to a golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly.











Place the 4 slices of butter in bottom of the mixer bowl, add the brown sugar and sugar, add cooled butter and mix until creamy.




Add egg, yolk and vanilla, beating well.


Add flour, soda and salt, mix well. Mixture will be smooth and creamy. Quickly mix in chips and pecan pieces.

Using large cookie scoop (2 T size) scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes. Edges will be golden, do not over bake.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. 

Recipe rating:  Oh Yes! (will make again)

As always thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate your time.


Tuesday Night Supper Club @ fudge ripple
This is shared with:  I'm Lovin' It @ Tidy Mom
Potluck Sunday @ Mommy's Kitchen

This post is being submitted for:
12 days of Bloggie-mas 5 cookies @ a moderate life

14 comments:

Matilda said...

I have never made chocolate chip cookies and I was actually looking for a nice recipe to choose among the thousands I found around the web.

Thanks for sharing!

Matilda @ Sick Of Food

p.s. Don't forget that if something does not turn out as you expected you can link it to my Food Disaster carnival (http://sickofood.blogspot.com/2010/10/monthly-food-disasters.html)

Bo said...

Wow your making me feel bad...the part of the egg I don't use usually ends up in the trash...Brown butter makes anything good. Yum!

Sage Trifle said...

I'll be trying these. Very soon. Yum.

girlichef said...

mmmmmmmmmm! It's gotta be the browned butter...that makes everything good! I actually just started keeping mine in the freezer, too. YUM :D

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Browned butter makes all the difference in the world! They look delicious! Thanks!

Pam said...

Thank you on your suggestions on the leftover eggy stuff. I always keep them and never know what to do with them.

♥peachkins♥ said...

my favorite cookie!!!

Brenda said...

Great suggestion for leftover egg, thanks! I heard that browned butter makes for a better chocolate chip cookie. I need to try that. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

I've been making fried rice forever but never thought to use it as a vehicle for my leftover egg parts. Delicious idea. As for the cookies, I've always wanted to try browned butter cookies, they sound great.

Erin @ EKat's Kitchen said...

Yum, these cookies look delicious! It's been at least 10 years since I made cookies - and I will ahve to try some soon!

elra said...

Such a wonderful cookies !

Cooking with K said...

I am on my quest for the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Thanks for sharing...blessings, K

Christy said...

i love the idea of browned butter in a cookie. these look incredible. thank you for linking them up to tuesday night supper club

Sarah said...

I'vemade these cookies - they are good! Thank you for your egg part idea. Will now use it!