Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Cafe



Chicken thighs, braised with leeks, bacon thyme and wine.




Turkey and Black bean enchiladas

 



Mummy Dogs


Savory Green beans with tomatoes potatoes and ham hock




Butternut squash with pesto

 

Butternut Squash with maple syrup






 Sourdough oatmeal wheat raisin bread

 



Braised cabbage


Condiments

3 jams, butter and honey butter for the bread. 2 salsas and sour cream for the enchiladas. 2 types of mustard for the mummy dogs.

"Bread of the Dead Pudding" with "blood sauce"






(Chocolate zucchini bread made into bread pudding. Raspberry Port sauce.)

Chocolate Hushpuppies

 

Not shown, tossed salad, assorted beverages.

As always thanks for stopping to say hello. I appreciate your visits, very much. If you will excuse me, there are a few more dishes to wash.

6 comments:

Sage Trifle said...

I wouldn't even know where to begin with this scrumptious looking feast! Though I might start with some of those green beans and a slice of that raisin bread. I hope you had a lovely day with your family.

Sheila said...

WOW--I want to come eat at your house. All the food looks wonderful--love ham hocks but I don't use them here much--the rest of the family aren't too fond of them. Any time I went to visit my Ma-Maw, she cooked me a pot of butter beans and ham hocks--and I didn't have to share. Thanks for the memory. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Pam said...

Oh man, I want those green beans! Is today your first day at work? I hope it's going well!

Brenda said...

Wow, that's quite an amazing spread and everything looks so good. I want to come eat at your house too! Good luck on your first day at your new job today! I hope everything goes well.

LeAnn said...

Wow, what a spread! You must serve quite a crew.

Melynda said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, I love having my Sunday dinners. It is a guarantee of family time, visiting and continued connections in these busy times. Also the leftovers are pretty handy! Also thanks for the good wished for the new job, first day went well, and looking forward to a long future.