Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tomorrow is Sunday Cafe

Tomorrow is the last Sunday in September and Sunday Cafe. Today is a busy planning and cooking day for everything that can be cooked ahead, for everything else, prepped ahead.

By now it is most apparent that there may be (usually are in fact) a few changes at the last minute. The reasons vary, but usually fall into one of these 3 categories:

missing ingredient, oops!
simply forgot to make it, I hate it when that happens!
it did not seem like the best choice, what was I thinking?

What is tentatively planned for tomorrow dinner is,

Kansas City Sue's Chicken, from My Kitchen Cafe. I will offer homemade sandwich buns made with blue cheese and roasted garlic for a two handed sandwich or steamed rice for a conventional dinner.

Baked Chicken Pesto, from Kalyn's Kitchen.There will be steamed rice to enjoy this with, if you want.

Paula Deen's Baked Spaghetti, from Sage Trifle. This looked really good, and I am hoping for leftovers.

Homestyle Meat loaf, from Mom's Sunday Cafe. It is simply time for a little meatloaf, Honey will appreciate this choice.

Twice baked potatoes, these are always good.

Tossed Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette, from Cocina's Diary. I love maple, and this dressing sounded so good.

Brussel sprouts, I love these little guys.

Cinnamon toast bread pudding, on the side Poached rhubarb, whipped cream and fresh lemon sauce. Each person may dress up their dessert as they wish.

Chocolate Frosted Chocolate cake, again Honey will thank me for that choice!

See you tomorrow, with photos!

As always thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello,
I really appreciate your visits!

4 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Can't wait to see pictures! It sounds delicious!

kitchen flavours said...

They all sounds great! I don't always plan my meals, they are mostly 'spur-of-the-moment' decisions!

Donata said...

I love that you found my blog today and posted a comment. I concurred with your rational of bringing the skills from your childhood...or something, forgot how you said it. This is how I feel about Sunday dinners. If you want, go back to my site and read the prologue, it explains more. Here's to the matriarchs of families everywhere who give of themselves to provide others with their most basic need, sustenance, in a loving, consistent and scrumptious way!

cocinadiary said...

Your menu sounds delicious, and I am tickled pink you are trying the Maple-Balsamic dressing. Let me know how you like it! And thanks for linking up with Sundays at One. :) Angie