Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Cafe, another nice day with family and friends

The weather was not the best, but we all had a good time anyway. Granddaughter got in two walks with her Papa between rain showers, then after dinner we all played Balderdash.

I like having the house set up for guests and this vegetable tray with dip was waiting.

Vegetable tray served with Yogurt cucumber dip.

These Salmon Patties have been left behind time and time again. These are so delicious. We will be having these for dinner in the future.

Salmon Patties with Bacon, served with the Yogurt Cucumber dip. 

I had wanted to try this Rachel Ray Combo, Honey Mustard Pork Chops with Potato Broccoli Cheddar mash. I found it difficult to saute the meat without it burning due to the honey. But everyone like this dish. The recipe called for a sweet gravy/sauce to go over the meat. I did not make that, I knew it would be too sweet for our tastes. 

Honey Mustard Pork Loin Chops.

Potato Broccoli and Cheddar mash.

OK, I did not make the baked Macaroni and Cheese balls, I ran out of time and work space to prepare them in, so instead I made up a large batch of Mac and Cheese for everyone. 

From scratch Mac and Cheese. 

When I chose this recipe I did not notice it was truly intended for the grill. The recipe included an oven variation.
Maple Dijon Chicken thighs in bacon. 

These cookies are delightful. I left some plain and dropped a spoonful of lemon glaze on the rest and let it fall where it wanted!
Italian Ricotta Cookies with lemon glaze.

We also had the Red Wine Stewed Prunes served with Mascarpone cheese. These were so good! 

There was a dish of sliced and sweetened strawberries, the last of the freezer stash from last summer. And while I was getting the berries from the freezer I found a lost container of the Raspberry Port sauce. This was offered to drizzle sauce over the plain cookies. There is just enough of that sauce to stir into some yogurt for my breakfast.

Thanks family, another great day!  



Hmmm, where did the men folk disappear to, when the camera came out? Kind of like being back in school, the boys on one side and the girls on the other. Some things never change!

Tomorrow is a trip to the zoo and time with the Granddaughter. I hope your weekend is great, and thanks for stopping by.

M

1 comment:

ya ya's mom said...

wow! what a great meal it was!!!! thanks melynda!!!!