Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday night brights


.....Mirror, mirror on the wall...I am my Mother after all!...............
                  
Mother has been gone for several years now, and as I look at myself and what I choose to do and the things I want around me, my Mother seems to come out.

Mother loved gnomes, even made some in ceramics class, fire glazed so they could be placed outside. When I was out shopping with my sister here a couple of weeks ago, I spotted this little guy. I remarked to my sister, "I kind of like gnomes" and she said, "me too".


And Mother always placed the cooled cookies "piggy back" on the edge of the towel. 


I shred a 2 pound block all at one time. Place the shredded cheese on a wax paper covered jelly roll pan and set in the freezer for 1 hour. Transfer to a large freezer bag, then when you need shredded cheese, it is right there at your finger tips. I have done this for years and really enjoy the convenience.

Time with Granddaughter today included the Children' Museum and then dinner and games at Grammy's house before heading home. They grown up so fast. 

In the garden department, we have not had a lot of sun, but things are growing.

. The raspberry hedge, we should get a good crop again this year.

Not a good shot, but these bees are working hard. Not a blossom is left out!

Lots of Strawberries, we should get some this year. They have overgrown the bed. 

Mint, I will make mint jelly this year.  Oh and this sounds tasty!

I hope you had a happy and restful weekend. As always I thank you for taking the time to stop and say hello.  

M

2 comments:

Foodessa said...

Mom, my Nonna and I were considered the triangle you can't mess with. As I was growing up...the wisest of them all gave us guidance witout us realizing it. Now she's no longer with us...Mom has definitely taken her place. She has more and more her gestures and ways of doing things. On a daily basis, as I am getting older and also hopefully wiser...I am noticing the incredible resemblance. It's amazing what we pick up without realizing ;o)
BTW...those cookies look yummy...any chance for the recipe ;)
Flavourful wishes, Claudia

Foodessa said...

Thanks Melynda for referring me the recipe. It looks good...however, I am slightly concerned at the amount of butter and sugar that is deployed. Anyhow, I took it down...and I'll have to try it out to compare with the ones I make.
Thanks again, Claudia