Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Cafe

We had another nice dinner, I was (again) not as organized as I might need for a better array of photos. But it is about family and time together as much as and maybe more so than anything else. With that said, I did make a small change, I did not make the chicken dish with the preserved lemons, that will be for another time.

Grilled Romaine Salad, I am not certain why I like this so much. Maybe it is the warmish Vinegarette and the cold lettuce just under the grilled portion.

Along with the salad we had a fruit plate and assorted items to dress up your salad or simply eat by themselves. Deviled eggs, ham and green onion batons, pickled pink onions, grape tomatoes and a couple of cheese spreads (not pictured Oops) to stuff into celery or spread on a cracker.

This shot also includes the cilantro sauce I made up, it was yummy.

Pork roast, roasted with green chilies and a roasted green pepper. Lots of garlic. This was so tender, everyone broke off a piece and either ate it plain or wrapped it in a tortilla.

Beef brisket roasted with can of mild tomatoes and chilies, I added cumin, along with some smoked paprika and garlic salt. This was so good, the flavor just right. I cooked this in a cast iron/enamel pan on the stove top.

 Served these with Spanish style brown rice and refried beans.


Chocolate cake with chocolate icing and vanilla ice cream. What else do you serve to celebrate a birthday? I also baked up some cookies, because it is nice to offer a second choice.

Beverages included beer, wine, and coffee with dessert.

Another wonderful dinner, thank you family, I could not do this without you!

As always thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I appreciate it!
M

No comments: