Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday night brights

The week starts off with a BANG! We were on a stove buying mission, we just did not know it at the time.

But first a little tip, I keep my scrubbers in the first section of the silverware tray in the dishwasher. They are always in reach and usually clean. Also they do not get in the way at the sink area. 

And now, I am so excited........

Meet "Sam" our new Samsung kitchen stove. By golly he does about everything....

Convection oven, warming drawer, a warming center on the cook top. 

Yes from $999.00 to $499.00, why?

Yep, this dent. I have in the past few years only purchased used or clearance. Never in my dreams did I think I would have a stove with all the features I wanted. 

And here is Honey getting the wiring just right,

Those rose shears, who would of thought they would be so helpful?

Honey is such a tidy worker, he cleans up as he goes!

When I got home from work tonight, Sam was up against the wall in his own slot, The owners manual has a little note hand written on it, Honey had written "not done yet". He had simply put it where it will go to make sure it fit correctly. Later when completely installed, I did cook up some eggs. It was too late for much more than that. 

Also sitting in the garage is a pellet stove, also purchased on clearance. This summer it will come inside and take it's place on the hearth pad. This will be our last wood chopping season, I won't really miss that. We still get to enjoy the benefit of a wood fire. 
As always thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. I really do appreciate your visits!

M

4 comments:

Pam said...

Congrats on the new stove!

nicola@which name? said...

oooooooooohhhhhhhhh, so nice! i "get" the thrill of new. i am just super excited to have an upgrade to the stove/oven we got free from a friend who was remodeling. you should see hers. (and she doesn't cook or bake much!)
congrats!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Melynda said...

Pam, thanks for the visit! I am using the stove for biscuits tonight. I will need to learn a bit about convection cooking.

Nicola, you just never know when an opportunity will "knock". I think as cooks, new(er) equipment is always a happy day. Can't wait to hear more about your stove, from the pictures I have seen, you do a fair share of baking! Thanks for stopping.

molly said...

Okay, how brilliant is that scrubber bit? I often wash mine in the d/w, but why not go on and store them there? Genius. Thanks for sharing. (And have a ball with that new stove!)