Friday, February 12, 2010

Baked crackers and cheese

Yum, these are good! As in "I can eat more please" good. My batch is not a pretty as these are, but yummy all the same. I am sure Rocquie, is right. The cheese used will make a difference. I used Colby Jack cheese and I think it is a drier cheese than say a medium cheddar would be.  



Baked crackers and cheese
adapted from
Sage Trifle

2 sleeves saltine crackers
1/2 stick butter, melted
any salt free seasoning of your choice, or you can leave plain
8 oz cheese grated, or 2 - 3 cups grated cheese ( 3 cups of Colby-jack to be sure! )

Lay the crackers in a single layer on baking sheets, brush with butter, sprinkle with seasoning.


Sprinkle with the cheese.


This is somewhat important, you want the cheese to be as even as possible for the best coverage.


Broil for a moment to melt the cheese, do not let brown. Turn oven on to 180 degrees, bake 2 hours.


I rotated the baking sheets at the one hour mark.


Makes lots! These would be great with soup or just as a snack by themselves.

Recipe rating:  Oh Yes! (will make again)

Here is wishing you a wonderful weekend, filled with family time and happy memories. As always thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello. Leave a note, I love having visitors!

M

2 comments:

Rocquie said...

Your crackers look good!

Melynda said...

Thanks Rocquie for visiting. I have "ooohhhed" and said yum over many of your posts and will return for more.