Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday night brights

"Share A Random MOMENT"
When I was running errands this weekend and getting my chore list completed, I found this piece. There was no way I could leave it at the store, it belonged with me, in my home! I love it. We had to move the other piece that was here........

It is just right, here in the living room. I so enjoy this print and what the subject says about seizing the moment, because the moment is now.

Egg shells saved for using in the garden, but that is not the reason for the picture. 


Sponges, clean and ready to use, again not the reason for the photo.

It is the use of the milk jug. Need a little "carry all" or holder?
Cut the spout area out, cut along the crease that is the top of the jug, and then smooth the edges with a pair of scissors.

There, you now have a "free" holder of all useful things, and when you are done, simply recycle it!


It was time to freshen up the look of the dining area, pleasant enough for now. As the weather changes and flowers bloom, the center piece will change.


Never having a Dutch oven before, I am enjoying the use of this. A wonderful piece of kitchen equipmentl to have, use and appreciate. 
Spotted these at Christmas, got lucky, they were still there!






And the last piece of kitchenware, a red tea kettle, I must say it has been fun outfitting the kitchen in red. But alas all good things come to an end.
I can finally say, the kitchen is done. I have had such a good time in this project, with the open storage hutch and the dish hutch. It is not the same kitchen that came with the house at purchase in 2007. Now we just need to do something about the old yellowed counter tops. 

He is quite aware that this chair is not his, he simply chooses to not care what I think!
I am reminded of this quote:
"Cats are intended to show us that not everything in nature has a function"
Garrison Keller
Of course I do not believe it, his function is to let me care for him.


This sorry looking dish, was very good. We had the kids over for an impromptu dinner on Sunday, and I made a Gingerbread Pudding cake. It seems like a lot of steps, but it goes together very quickly!

Gingerbread Pudding Cake
adapted from tastingspoons
350 degrees
serves 8 (if your lucky!)

1 1/4 c flour
2 t gr ginger
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t allspice
1 4 t gr cloves
1/4 t salt
3/4 t soda
Whisk all dry ingredients together, set aside.

1 stick (room temperature/softened) butter - divided in half
1/4 c sugar
1 egg
In a medium size bowl, beat half the stick of butter (1/4 c) and sugar until combined. Beat in egg until creamy.

1/2 c molasses
Beat molasses and reserved flour mixture into the creamed mixture.

1/2 c cold water
3/4 c brown sugar
Slowly beat in the cold water, until smooth. Pour batter into prepared 8" square dish or equivalent.Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the batter.

Place remaining butter in a small bowl, pour over the butter 1 1/3 c very hot, but not boiling water. Stir the mixture until butter melts. Carefully pour over the brown sugar.

Bake 40 - 45 minutes. Do not over bake.
Serve with vanilla ice cream, spooning the pudding sauce over the ice cream.

YUM is all we could say. Honey ate the rest today and the bowl is ready to be washed. I will make this again as soon as I go to Penzys and get more spices.

As always thanks for taking a moment to stop and say hello, let me know you were here for a visit. It truly makes my day.
M

1 comment:

noble pig said...

I don't think I could function without my Le Crueset Dutch Oven, it's the best thing I own.